X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

Where to buy teen-sized bodies?

Hey folks!

First off, Merry Christmas to all on the forums!

Second, I'm interested in knowing where else online I can buy Teen Titan-sized bodies, besides just what are available on CTVT. I thought Doc used to have them in stock, but I may have been mistaken. I'm wondering if I'll just need to buy original Titan bodies off of eBay.

Thanks!
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

I don't know that Doc ever sold teen bodies. Or anybody other than CTVT. He may have been selling the 7 inch scale Breyers about 12 years ago.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

The FTC ones are actually pretty good, better than the 8 inch usually.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

DM sold pale teen bodies (fr. Rusty Venture?) at one point. IDK about CTVT, but I trust T-bolt's opinion above.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

I like using Lion Rock (and related K/O) military bods for youngsters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            DM sold pale teen bodies (fr. Rusty Venture?) at one point. IDK about CTVT, but I trust T-bolt's opinion above.
            wasn't Rusty on a kid body? And yeah I used one for my 66 penguin refit to correct the height issue and it was perfect out of the gate, no posing issues. One of the ones they sent me had a broken off foot, and they replaced it after seeing a pic. Going to use another to shorten the Mad Hatter eventually.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 25, '18, 6:35 PM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Oops, you're correct about the pale child body for Rusty. Duh. I wanted to use one for a revised Mr. Mxyzptlk, but the skin tone intervened.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Ah the secret tunnel between bbp and dm. I was never sure how much they cross pollinated. Didn't the venture figures all have molded on shoes as well?

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                  I don't know that Doc ever sold teen bodies. Or anybody other than CTVT. He may have been selling the 7 inch scale Breyers about 12 years ago.
                  So what's the deal with Breyers? Are they EMCE bodies? I've never found any clarification as to how Mego-like they are.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

The Breyers I have are very Mego-like but not Emce. The neck is more like Zica Yvonne.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎