• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Rip lou

I just got word that Lou Pisano died.

I've been dealing with the guy since 1992, he bought some toys off me in college, it gave me enough money to go on a trip because of that i met my wife. It was so wild to reconnect with him later in life. I'm crushed by this news.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

so very sorry for your loss.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that Brian. :-(

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

My condolences.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Mego Museum LOU....the guy that just sold the Super Friends Lunch Box.

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ntage-lunchbox
          Last edited by Makernaut; Dec 23, '18, 6:40 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. A kind man, he was one of the first members who aided and befriended me here when I joined. RIP Lou.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              My sincere condolences to his family and friends. A kind man, he was one of the first members who aided and befriended me here when I joined. RIP Lou.
              I could say the same about you. And any number of people here have someone like LOU that did good by them along the trail and it makes the world seem a little less bright when good people leave us. If I remember right, he made anything Jaws related a lot of fun for us.

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

I just saw this on Facebook. Awful feeling hearing. He had an obsessive love of the things that brought him joy, whether it was Megos, Def Leppard, the Buffalo Bills or The Jaws movies. Always a great guy with nothing but pleasant experiences with trades, sales, etc. I can't remember if he ever made it to a MegoMeet, but it feels like losing someone I've met in person before. I'll miss seeing him online, and my condolences to his family and friends, even us virtual ones. It's been a bad year for losing Mego family.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I knew of Lou before I ever found the Mego Museum. His passion for Jaws was well known to me, and he was instrumental in getting the JawsFest in Martha's Vineyard started. After coming here and seeing he was a Mego fan as well, I knew he had great taste. I have his Jaws 2 book he co wrote, and I'm really saddened to hear of his passing. Much too soon. My thoughts are with Lou's family and anyone else whose life he touched. Rest well, Lou. You are missed.

Comment

• glimpy
                    Loco Chango
                    • Feb 5, 2012

Sorry to hear the bad news
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      I could say the same about you. And any number of people here have someone like LOU that did good by them along the trail and it makes the world seem a little less bright when good people leave us.
                      I love what you said there, Makernaut. What a wonderful way to remember him. We all have the ability to spread happiness and positivity through our interactions here and elsewhere. Let Lou's passing be a reminder to pay forward kindness to all members of our little community and others like it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

He did indeed and thank you for the kind words, Makernaut.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

My condolences to all who knew him.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Lou???

He just recently posted his lunchbox for sale...

Found another gem in my storage boxes. Here's a vintage SUPER FRIENDS lunch box in "SUPER" shape too! No scratches, dents, dings, etc. Only drawback is there's no thermos (but that just makes this awesome toy room display piece cheaper! ;) ) Asking $85 or best offer. Shipping will be $8 in the United States. Here's

Oh man, that friggin sucks...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

So sad to hear! Very sorry for the loss to those that were close to him.

Like others I appreciated the collegial positive energy Lou offered here.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎