X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type Two
    Career Member
    • Sep 20, 2010

FTC Galaxy Trio Tease! Thundarr Soon?

Wow! Was not expecting these figures to be released!

I am a big fan of the Galaxy Trio; first saw them on CN's Toonami back in the 90's and loved the show. Not too long after I first saw them, the "I-Men" block figures were released which paired the Trio with THUNDARR (!), which was an automatic purchase for me.

I will definitely buy these and hope (PLEASE, FTC!) that this means a Thundarr line is in the making.
    Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I’m hoping for Mightor

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Me, too!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• OCSuperman
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 4, 2014

These are fun to see ... I can't want to see more of these cartoon style figs. They look great to me! My Super Friends figs are my second favorite figs in regards to style ('66 Batman being number 1).

Comment

• CKMBDavis
          • Nov 21, 2013

Please not Thundarr. Not because I don't want them, I LOVE Thundarr, but FTC figures are just so expensive, my wallet can't handle 30 plus bucks a pop and I'd HAVE to buy Thundarr figs! Lol!

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Herculoids?!? That would be the top of my HB wish list.

Did Hanna Barbera (or WB) acquire the rights to Thundarr form Ruby Spears at some point? I am just not sure how Thundarr fits in a Hanna Barbera line otherwise.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by MRP

Did Hanna Barbera (or WB) acquire the rights to Thundarr form Ruby Spears at some point? I am just not sure how Thundarr fits in a Hanna Barbera line otherwise.

-M
              It's a very ugly, sorted, complicated mess built around mergers & acquisitions, but suffice to say...

...a company called Taft bought HB in '66. They monkeyed with its production/syndication rights and ended up with Filmways as a partner.

'77 Ruby-Spears was started as a rival to HB, because ABC wanted to challenge HB's syndication supremacy.

'78, Filmways bought Ruby-Spears.

'81, Filmways was in selling assets to stay alive. They sold Ruby-Spears to Taft and were out of the HB business.

'96 Taft bundled Ruby-Spears library into HB and sold it to Turner, who then in turn sold merged with Time-Warner. Even though Ruby-Spears was technically spun out of the deal and back to Ken and Joe, the library was gone and apart of HB.

Taft was a media kraken. A LOT of what we know and remember of 70's syndication was due to them. When Taft broke apart its theme parks created what we know as Paramount, its TV arm became FOX broadcasting and its radio division is what we know today as iHeartRadio. If they could have held together, it would have been the largest media company in history.

Comment

• Steeler80
                Mayor of Strunk
                • Jun 29, 2001

^ That was interesting reading! I didn't know the history there.

On the topic at hand, I would be all over Thundarr figures. I didn't miss the show as a kid and it's held up surprisingly well.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                  Youngest Mego Fan
                  • Aug 30, 2019

I just want more Birdman, like Birdboy, Birdgirl, Falcon 7, Mentok, X the Eliminator, Professor Nightshade, Reducto, and Skon. And don't forget Avenger!
                  FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎