X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

PodStallions 68: The Prisoner

This month's show revolves around a television classic, the 17 episode maxi series "The Prisoner" a show that despite it's short run has an impact on television to this very day.

Along the way, we discuss Doctor Who, Starlog, Baby Secret of the Lost Legend, Danger Man, Columbo, Jason's adventures with tequila, Brian's gift to Mr. McGoohan and Chuck the Security guard.

Be Seeing You.

Please join us on the Pod Stallions Facebook page and let us know what you think!
    give us spirited debate on our facebook wall.

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Haven't listened yet and I'm already excited! Easily one of my top shows of all time.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Yes, this was a great installment, but no surprise there. I think Babylon 5 used to have references to The Prisoner, and "The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" is a nice Simpsons episode with Homer ending up as No. 5 on "The Island" with McGoohan as No. 6. In my mind, it's a crossover, especially since he was turning down others at the time who wanted to do things with the property.

When I first got into watching the show, I wanted figures (especially liked the idea of a Leo McKern No. 2), including a penny farthing bicycle, but I totally get why they had them.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• glimpy
        Loco Chango
        • Feb 5, 2012

Awesome show.
        sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Strangely when you click on the iTunes listing it plays Mad Monster Party. It is listed as The Prisoner, but it is not. I’m currently listening from the website
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

"By Dawn's Early Light" is the 70's Patrick McGoohan episode of Columbo.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

An enjoyable episode, McGoohan is one of my favorite character actors. I also enjoyed his performances in Ice station Zebra and Disney's The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (the latter with which I'm a bit obsessed).

I have the A&E dvd set and the '80s comics sequel, as well as a terrific hardcover series overview by Alain Carraze and Helene Oswald. I missed out on the Kirby/Kane tome-- it sounds fascinating.

I was intrigued by the discussion of McGoohan's attitude towards female costars. His wife was an actress, and I'd read somewhere that his coldness towards them was due to his intense devotion to her.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 25, '18, 11:45 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                "By Dawn's Early Light" is the 70's Patrick McGoohan episode of Columbo.
                The other was "Identity Crisis" with Leslie Nielsen as the victim.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎