Thread: PodStallions 68: The Prisoner

Plaid Stallions PodStallions 68: The Prisoner

This month's show revolves around a television classic, the 17 episode maxi series "The Prisoner" a show that despite it's short run has an impact on television to this very day.

Along the way, we discuss Doctor Who, Starlog, Baby Secret of the Lost Legend, Danger Man, Columbo, Jason's adventures with tequila, Brian's gift to Mr. McGoohan and Chuck the Security guard.

Be Seeing You.

Please join us on the Pod Stallions Facebook page and let us know what you think!
    give us spirited debate on our facebook wall.

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Haven't listened yet and I'm already excited! Easily one of my top shows of all time.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Yes, this was a great installment, but no surprise there. I think Babylon 5 used to have references to The Prisoner, and "The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" is a nice Simpsons episode with Homer ending up as No. 5 on "The Island" with McGoohan as No. 6. In my mind, it's a crossover, especially since he was turning down others at the time who wanted to do things with the property.

When I first got into watching the show, I wanted figures (especially liked the idea of a Leo McKern No. 2), including a penny farthing bicycle, but I totally get why they had them.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Awesome show.

Images
    Strangely when you click on the iTunes listing it plays Mad Monster Party. It is listed as The Prisoner, but it is not. Iím currently listening from the website

Images
    "By Dawn's Early Light" is the 70's Patrick McGoohan episode of Columbo.

Images
    Blog Entries
    An enjoyable episode, McGoohan is one of my favorite character actors. I also enjoyed his performances in Ice station Zebra and Disney's The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (the latter with which I'm a bit obsessed).

I have the A&E dvd set and the '80s comics sequel, as well as a terrific hardcover series overview by Alain Carraze and Helene Oswald. I missed out on the Kirby/Kane tome-- it sounds fascinating.

I was intrigued by the discussion of McGoohan's attitude towards female costars. His wife was an actress, and I'd read somewhere that his coldness towards them was due to his intense devotion to her.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 25, '18 at 11:45 PM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    "By Dawn's Early Light" is the 70's Patrick McGoohan episode of Columbo.
    The other was "Identity Crisis" with Leslie Nielsen as the victim.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.