X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Why no Aquaman wave??

One would have thought that awhile back that FTC would have been putting together a Aquaman wave for the release of the movie. With a variant Aquaman, Mera, Black Manta and Ocean Master it would have been a great tie-in. There are times that I do not understand why companies do not think about this.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Would have loved to see an Aquaman wave from FTC... especially Mera.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I, too would love to see an Aquaman wave! Fisherman would also be a good villain choice, since we've seen two reMego Black Mantas.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

MEGO should have done the same thing. A 14 inch Aquaman would be doing pretty well right now I think...unless maybe DC doesn't want a comic version competing with the movie stuff?

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

A missed opportunity to skip over Aquaman but no surprise, FTC did the same thing when the WW movie came out. I had hoped the WW figures would have looked better since that series arrived well after her movie came out.

I would have supported a line of retro cloth figures representing the Snyder-verse. Oh, well, here's hoping the Lynda Carter figure is the best WW to date.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

If Aquaman becomes every bit the blockbuster its looking to be, I imagine FTC will certainly look into that possibility.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I hope so.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                MEGO should have done the same thing. A 14 inch Aquaman would be doing pretty well right now I think...unless maybe DC doesn't want a comic version competing with the movie stuff?
                Am I imaging this, I thought 14" Aquaman was planned?

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

FTC doesn't work within retailer deadlines, if Aquaman is a big hit, they can release the set next year and it will still sell.

Hot Toys Aquaman won't be available until summer.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Am I imaging this, I thought 14" Aquaman was planned?
                    I believe Marty let that slip, that he is coming next year

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, I couldn't recall. That's terrific news. I think Mego Corp. will do a great figure, considering how they essayed Poison Ivy's costume.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                        The Man of Many Voices
                        • Aug 30, 2005

I have also expressed an interest in an Aquaman wave. Maybe Aquaman could be the Super Powers design. And definitely would like to see Mera. Please FTC. Make it happen!!!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

What about Aquaman in his blue outfit? I'd be down for that.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎