Thread: Hellboy 2019 trailer

Hellboy 2019 trailer

I donít know what to think of this...Iím confused...

I blame it all on Deadpool...seems like that movie started the superhero slapstick comedy wave, Venom comes to mind...

After all the scuttlebutt about how this was going to be closer to the comics, it's obviously not. It looks like they just tried to remake the other Hellboy movies, but amped up all the things that were wrong with them and with none of the style and wonder of Del Toro. I'll still check it out I suppose, but I'm super disappointed with the trailer because the tone is completely opposite of what they'd said it would be.

At least we'll still have those two Starz Hellboy animated films. I doubt it's ever going to get any better than those in terms of Hellboy films.

This guys face just looks off, I so much prefered Ron Perlman's.

Images
    Blog Entries
    The humor is up a bit, but it is present in the comics so I really don't get the complaints. It looks ok to me, I will reserve judgment till its out. BTW, its based on the Wild Hunt story if anyone wants to read up a bit. I really found the two cartoons to be pale imitations of the movies, its a shame Del Toro didn't get to finish his story, but that train has left the station, Perlman's getting a bit too old for action movies anyway.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 20, '18 at 5:07 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

This new Hellboy actor is the dude who plays the sheriff in Stranger Things.

He’s younger and two inches taller than Perlman...he’s a big dude.

Images
    Blog Entries
    the one bit I am annoyed with is turning the character of Alice into a BPRD member and an action hero. She was nowhere near that in the comics. Heroic yes, but not a fighter at all or a BPRD person.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    looks okay to me. I will check it out

Images
    I do like that one line. A big red demon walks in and she asks for ID. Bureaucracy at it's finest.

CCC.

Images
    Blog Entries
    the post credit scene allegedly teases a certain fish-man.