Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of the new MEGO 2.0 figures have you bought??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWCWorld
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 10, 2011

I seem to collect the new Mego figures like I did the old ones back in the 1970s; buying just what I want and with very few exceptions, just one figure of each example. And yes, I take all mine off the cards or out of the boxes (I do save the boxes for the 14" figures to store them).

Wave 1
    Action Jackson, Chekov, Sulu, Fonzie, Dracula, 14" Batman (with replacement head), 14" General Zod

Wave 2
    Gorn, Spock, Frankenstein, Richie, 14" Poison Ivy, 14" Green Lantern, 14" Superman

Wave 3 (virtually non-existent where I live, as documented on the Mego Ambassador's fb page)
    14" Blue Batman

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I have gotten..

all the 14 inch DC figures.
      all the 8 inch Trek with an extra Gorn and extra Romulan
      all 3 monsters with an extra Frankenstein
      Jimi Hendrix (and an extra for a custom idea)
      Samantha from Bewitched
      Cowardly Lion
      and some custom fodder (Jeannie 2 pack, Sabrina, Piper, Jo, AJ, Kelly Garrett)
      -M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• doink1
        • Jul 31, 2014

i’m a sucker for all the monsters...

2 romulan

14 inch batman, wonder woman, superman and joker.

I have to say... if you get one... buy the 14 in joker, order the jacket from doc on his website for $9. The add makes this the must have figure of the first three waves

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

3 monsters and NORM!!!! that is it.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Two AJ, some Trek, all monsters, Chachi, several gals for customs.

I've resisted the 14" offerings so far, but it's been a challenge. I've heard mention of Aquaman, that would be a definite purchase.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

All 3 monsters
              All Star Trek except Spock
              Two of AJ
              Both Batmans, Batgirl, Joker, Green Lantern & Flash

And for parts/customs
              Both Mirror sets, Jeannie set, Chekov, and Al & Kelly Bundy

I'll admit I was a little down on Target's online ordering and my monsters & Gorn were bought on ebay, but overall I'm very pleased with my haul. Many bought during the recent buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Looking forward to wave 4
              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Chekov, Sulu, Drac, Frank(x2), and Wolfie for me. Tootie, Harley, and Samantha for my kiddo.

The monsters are definitely my faves. Can't wait to see what's next.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Steeler80
                  Mayor of Strunk
                  • Jun 29, 2001

All the Treks sans Spock and all the monsters except Werewolf (on the hunt for him). I got a blue Batman for myself, WW for my stepdaughter, and Green Lantern for a friend.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
                    ZERO, $0.00

Laying low, not happy at all with the drastic price drops I've seen in recent weeks.

The 3 Targets near me have major inventory still on the shelves.
                    That’s why you’ve seen the price cuts, because some of the product just isn’t moving.

I know it isn’t always pleasant to see prices drop after you’ve paid more, but it happens to nearly every product sooner or later. They’ve got to move that old stock somehow. It can’t just hang on the pegs for years.

I don’t think that’s any reason to stop collecting the product if you enjoy it. Now if you don’t like the quality, of course, save your money.

For me, if it’s something I really like, I might pick up extra if it goes on sale just to keep it mint, or gift it to a family member or friend.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

It really only bothers people who are buying for speculative reasons. Not for enjoyment.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                        • Mar 15, 2008

Monsters:
                        Bela Lugosi as Dracula (2)
                        Frankenstein
                        Screaming Werewolf

Action Jackson (2)

Married with Children:
                        Peggy Bundy (2)
                        Kelly Bundy
                        Al Bundy

Jimi Hendrix

Charlie's Angels:
                        Kris
                        Kelly
                        Sabrina

Charmed:
                        Piper
                        Prue
                        Phoebe

Star Trek:
                        Mirror, Mirror Kirk and Spock 2 Pack
                        Mirror, Mirror Uhura and Sulu 2 Pack

Bewitched:
                        Samantha
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Madcap70
                          • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                          It really only bothers people who are buying for speculative reasons. Not for enjoyment.
                          QFT..............................

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

All the Star Trek figures so far, Action Jackson, Fonzie, and all the monsters for me (2 Dracs, Frankie, 4 Screaming Werewolfs. Originally ordered 3, but Target sent an extra one by mistake to make it 4. The extras I got for friends.)

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I've bought, Sulu, Chekov, Gorn (store) and the Romulan from a member here, I check my local 2 Targets periodically and
                              I still have not seen any Romulans, it's just been female peg warmers, but I'm satisfied with what I have.

Comment

• K
                                Fun Will Now Commence
                                • Jun 20, 2001

I am weak. Lol! Wasn't gonna buy the 14 inchers! Was a bit ticked that they weren't 12 inch....then I caved and got black Batman. Then Doc nicely sent the reworked head. Then the BLUE BATMAN knocked me out! He's my fave so far. Also got 14" flash and GL. Missed out on Superman online *scowl*
                                I looked at Lex Luthor in the store and I'm not nuts about the head sculpt. Also looked at Batgirl and Poison Ivy but I think their heads are a bit big. So other than Superman that'll probably be it for now for 14 inchers for me.

Also wasn't going to get Mirror sets but got Kirk and Spock online and today my target freakishly had Sulu and Uhura. The only other two packs I have are Endora and Serena, which is extremely well done in my opinion. I also gave one as a Christmas gift to one of my co-workers and he absolutely loved it and showed it to everyone.

As far as 8 inch figures I got chekov, Sulu, several werewolves, a couple of Frankenstein's, a couple of romulans, a couple of Samanthas, a couple of Paul Stanley figures, and one Greg Brady for 6.50 to save for custom fodder.

Pretty scary when I add it all up. Hahaha
                                Last edited by K; Dec 20, '18, 11:18 PM.
                                I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎