X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Marty, if you're reading this...

Some ideas for 2019...specifically some vintage properties perfect for the Mego format that would sell really well.

The A-Team...perfect four figure assortment for a wave. The show is still hugely popular.

Land of the Lost...I skipped Tootie and Norm, but you better believe I'd be all over Marshall, Will, and Holly. Do a Pylon theme box set of a regular Sleestak and Enik and watch 'em fly off the shelf.

Kolchack, the Night Stalker...no brainer, and securing Darren McGavin's likeness is pretty easy.

The Hardy Boys...Shawn Cassidy and Parker Stevenson of course.

Cryptids...original Mego versions of Bigfoot, Yeti, Grey, Mothman.

Magnum P.I. ...Magnum, Higgins, Rick, and TC.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

80s cartoons. Super7 sold out of a figure of He-Man wearing a Santa hat in 15 minutes. You will not get 80s kids money with stuff like Cheers, Facts of Life and Mama's Family. You need stuff like Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Blackstar, Thundarr, Bravestarr, Ghostbusters (Real and Filmation), etc.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^MOTU and Thundercats might be expensive to license, but there are plenty of other untapped properties. Thundarr would be great...also Dungeons and Dragons.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Thundarr would be great...also Dungeons and Dragons.
        D&D would be great. I'd love a Mego Warduke. But unfortunately I don't think Hasbro would license it out. Same with RAH GI JOE.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think these are excellent suggestions, much more interesting to me than sitcoms.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

More Monsters please. B movie public domain type stuff
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I'd buy the Cryptids. I would NOT buy Land of the Lost, save for the Sleestaks. And I wouldn't buy any of the rest.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Land of the Lost three-pack with Rick, Will, and Holly. Diorama of the entrance to the cave. That would be a great way to sell them. With a little inflatable raft accessory. Enik and two sleestaks diorama. Sleestaks sold individually for army building. I'd be into that!
                P.S. They could also make a variant three pack with Jack, Will, and Holly. Will and Holly could have different outfits, and a different accessory.
                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Dec 17, '18, 8:54 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Kind of hoping for Lost in Space, they can always get teamed up with Star Trek in your own personal adventures.

Comment

• Madcap70
                    • Dec 4, 2017

Airwolf & Miami Vice & V

Comment

• smonte00
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 19, 2005

V would be great. I wouldn’t say no to some A-Team figs.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

A-Team.V and MASH are my top three wants.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Madcap70
                          Airwolf & Miami Vice & V
                          V would be FANTASTIC!

Comment

• callistofreak
                            Who stole my stuff !!!
                            • Jul 1, 2006

No a 2 pack Land of the Lost.
                            One of each character and 1 sleestak.
                            That way the sell 3 two packs. And we all have at least three sleestak. Yes, yes
                            sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• Falstaff13
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              More Monsters please. B movie public domain type stuff
                              I know the first wave had a Dracula, but I think a great move would be to make a John Carradine Dracula (using Billy the Kid Vs. Dracula), and that gives a "backdoor" version of Drac from the two Universal House of... films.
                              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎