• doink1
    • Jul 31, 2014

62E2D95F-DC17-4D53-9D52-91B08035E64E.jpg

here’s the wish book page

Comment

• K
      Fun Will Now Commence
      • Jun 20, 2001

^yep....got my brother a Dolphin nfl figure for his birthday. Big hit!
      I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Even I had one of these--the L.A. Rams. Because I had seen and loved Something for Joey.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I started trying to collect those Action Teammates figures a few years ago and you could get a clean, complete figure for about $40 and out of nowhere, the price jumped about four or five times that! I don't know what happened to cause it to change, but I haven't bought any for quite a while.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by doink1
            i’ve mentioned this to doc before...

when we were kids, the nfl came out with 8 inch figures called NFL Action Teammates. You could buy your favorite team and customize him with the stickers/numbers. I know the NFL is an expensive license... These would sell like crazy. caucasian and african american figures too.

check out Pro Sports Marketing action teammates on ebay. these figures sell for big money now. They even have a field with goal posts
            I agree that they are really neat and just might sell well. Interesting idea, but I have to imagine that it’s difficult to acquire an NFL license, now.

I suppose that we’ll find out soon enough what direction they’ll take in 2019. I’m guessing it will be much more refined.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

yep I had a steelers one nice figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                I suppose that we’ll find out soon enough what direction they’ll take in 2019. I’m guessing it will be much more refined.

- Ian
                I agree, I think 2018 was a lot of releases and "let's see what sticks."

I hope the music line continues, I think that has collector potential. But I want playable figures, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I agree, I think 2018 was a lot of releases and "let's see what sticks."

I hope the music line continues, I think that has collector potential. But I want playable figures, too.
                  Yeah, by this point they must have a much better idea of what will work and what roads to go down. What we see right away depends on what they planned months ago, I’m guessing. It also depends on how much control Target still has, if any. I’m still not clear on that situation.

- Ian

Comment

• MysteryWho
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2008

I've never seen those NFL figures before, they are really cool! Checked ebay though and they are way out of my price range.
                    There was another thread somewhere here in which we talked about NFL players. I think it's a great idea.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                      I've never seen those NFL figures before, they are really cool! Checked ebay though and they are way out of my price range.
                      There was another thread somewhere here in which we talked about NFL players. I think it's a great idea.
                      They had this great field for the figures! It seems like it must be very rare, now. I saw ONE on eBay about 15 years ago. Not sure why the figures are seemingly rare, now. They were abundant when we were kids and are made well. Many should have survived.

- Ian

Comment

• KnightDetective
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by doink1
                        I agree.. forget the licenses...

Pirates
                        Astronauts
                        Fireman
                        Knights
                        Military from the world

This would be more appealing to the masses... and kids... that’s the point right? The way this is running now it looks to be fruit dying on the vine.

Generic figures would sell
                        This would be a good vehicle for getting our "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" headsculpts (like the Al Bundy/Star Trek). Add cowboys to that list and put 'em in stores like Dollar General and the various farm supply stores. Always surprised to see how quickly well-priced classic type product moves there!
                        Last edited by KnightDetective; Dec 18, '18, 10:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the all important pricing!

Comment

• doink1
                          • Jul 31, 2014

The nfl figures really jumped in price.... they are bound together by rubber bands. Those figures that are on the card or still in the box have bands that have disintegrated. So, for the most part you are looking for clean loose ones. This toy and the Evel Knievel stunt cycle took a beating in my 1979s toy circulation.

If you recall during the late 70s, the Cowboys and the Steelers were the two popular teams. You can find those two teams and they are cheaper. That’s where the numbers really jump. Bengals, Browns, Falcons, Bears.. these teams were terrible.. so these are very hard to find... now add in the african american version.. 10x harder.

These would be so cool. They would appeal to so many people. The NFL has licensed 12 inch figures but it’s not the same. I would love to have multiples of these. They could also have a completely grey version... ready to paint, create your own... perfect for making your favorite college or high school team

just an idea... i think it would be incredible...

Comment

• doink1
                            • Jul 31, 2014

8B706003-BE22-443A-B95B-AB749F83B815.jpg1C2E3C13-E001-41E6-9632-984440B4EA6B.jpg

Here’s a pic of the field they had and also a custom figure someone made of Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

^ What a great, somewhat under appreciated, line!

- Ian

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I'd buy Cryptids to go along with the Movie Monsters!

And a D&D set either based off the cartoon or just based loosely off the original game would be GREAT!
                                Barbarian
                                Fighter
                                Paladin
                                Bard
                                Sorcerer
                                Warlock
                                Cleric
                                Druid
                                Monk
                                Ranger
                                Rogue
                                Wizard