Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

There is a lot of things crammed into this, but you definitely get your money's worth

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

It’s fun. Did I love it, no, but I will say it’s never dull despite a lengthy run time. I have a lot of minor quibbles with various parts, but overall I liked it quite a bit. I enjoyed the adventure of it and liked the underwater scenes. Sometimes, it’s nice to just have a movie that just attempts to be entertaining.

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

Thought the film was the most visually stunning superhero film yet, and completely entertaining. At one point, about 4/5ths of the way in, I pulled my self out and realized "In the year 2018, I'm watching a realistic Aquaman and Mera in the midst of a vast underwater battle." Incredible. How far we've come-- this film would have been unthinkable ten, even five years ago. We live in a time of an embarrassment of riches.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I haven't been to the cinema since the last Trek movie, but this I just might go and see.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

My wife and I just saw it tonight in 3D. It is THE best movie I've seen all year long!! It told a great story. I saw elements of Cain & Abel (Arthur & Orm), The Sword and the Stone, and it also reminded me of Thor a little bit. I loved the underwater scenes, especially seeing people talk underwater. Black Manta was awesome and there is an interesting plot twist. I really hope this movie is a huge success!! I will definitely be seeing Aquaman again!!! Two thumbs up!!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I cant wait, taking the family next week

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Perhaps the most amazing thing is they make the traditional Aquaman outfit look bad-arse. It gave me chills.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

You know when you eat on Thanksgiving? And then you eat some more side dishes. And then you go back for the sides you skipped the first time. And then you eat dessert. And try some of the desserts you skipped. You know that feeling of being absolutely stuffed, but loving every minute of it along the way? That's sort of what Aquaman is like. They stuff so much into this movie, it is like a seafood feast for the eyes.

This movie is AMAZING. I saw it in IMAX 3D, and it was absolutely arresting. My senses were assaulted on every level: The 3D is magnificent, the sound was cranked up to 12.

It's truly, truly Epic. I was looking at the poster with Aquaman and all the fish behind him thinking about how in the old days the movie posters would exaggerate the film.... Well this poster undersells it. You will see things on screen you've only dreamed of. And along the way, you will love Aquaman. Yes, he has heart, and is very likable, as is Mera.

Well played, DC. Well played.

You know, I can't help but think how some of it was influenced by those underwater (and land battle) scenes from the Phantom Menace (20 years old this new year). [ducks to avoid thrown tomatoes]

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I at first thought he was blowing me kisses.

I won't pee in Aquaman's pool, but if anyone wants to start a new thread to talk about the merits of Star Wars TPM, I'll be there.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji

I at first thought he was blowing me kisses.

I won't pee in Aquaman's pool, but if anyone wants to start a new thread to talk about the merits of Star Wars TPM, I'll be there.
                        I'll do it!

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Oh my gosh, this movie blew me away. It's an epic, has heart and seemed devoid of the mire that's made Superman so hard to like. I loved this and my whole family wants to go again.

When Aquaman jumps on that seahorse, it looked cool, i deemed that impossible.

Oh and the guy who played Black Manta's dad? He voiced Devil Ray on JLU. Neat!
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Wow, Brian, I had no idea about the Devil Ray connection! And I host a JLU podcast! Great catch (pun intended).

I did a fist pump motion (accidentally elbowing Cindy in the arm) and said a low, but audible "YES!" when he got on that seahorse.

Rob Kelly's thoughts on the film (along with Shag, Cindy and myself) are up on the Fire and Water podcast now. Short version. He dug it!

Fire & Water Aquaman Review

Chris

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                              When Aquaman jumps on that seahorse, it looked cool, i deemed that impossible.
                              YES!!! I lost my mind at that scene. This is a film I will revisit a LOT.

If anyone hasn't seen this in 3D, make it a priority. Those underwater laser beams are an absolute mind trip in 3D. Thankfully, word is this will be getting a 3D blu ray release.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

It's so weird to have watched the show Entourage almost 15 years ago, where the narrative chronicles an actor's break out role in "James Cameron's Aquaman" movie.

Anyone else thinking about that as you view this? Here's an EW article on the subject. https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/17/aquaman...ge-doug-ellin/

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎