X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Aquaman is GOOD

Saw it via the Amazon Prime member preview last night, and it's a fun, full-on comic book adaptation. An unabashed Aquaman movie that just embraces the honestly ludicrious trappings of the character we all love, and makes them work on the screen. Momoa's character grows and changes throughout, Mera is a strong, likeable hero of his equal, and the action and visuals are jaw-droppingly awesome. The whole family really enjoyed it.

My pal, and Aquman's biggest fan, Rob Kelly loved it as well. Go see it!!!

Chris
    sigpic
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^Good to hear! It looks like a lot of fun, which is exactly what DC needs in their movie-verse.
    I love Momoa's brilliant orange and green costume. Now maybe we can get Supes back into some brightly colored duds...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I cannot wait until boxing day. Really looking forward to this.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm very excited to see it and relieved by your review. I need a lift this holiday season and this just might be it.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My only advice is that if you have young kids who are frightened easily, the Trench creatures are truly terrifying. They got quite a few jump scares out of our audience. So you may want to shield some eyes during that sequence, or avoid for the real young ones.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^ I was wondering how they'd be animated, they're pretty graphic in the comics--sort of piranha-derived gillmen.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
              I cannot wait until boxing day. Really looking forward to this.
              Shouldn't you see Creed 2 on Boxing Day ?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, it's a real blast! Saw a 2D showing on the 12th, and will probably go back to see it in 3D next week.
                The movie is so packed full of awesome stuff. Great costumes, and the visuals are spectacular.
                And when Aquaman dons his classic orange & green suit, it's a real stand up and cheer moment.
                And yes, some of the creatures are very impressively scary... Almost Lovecraftian level menace.
                Last edited by Bruce Banner; Dec 16, '18, 3:38 PM.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Glad to hear! Will see it in 3D IMAX next Friday!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Good to hear. Hope it can overcome the negativity towards the JL movie and its poor performance. I just snagged it for 6 bucks on Black Friday and it really was better than expected. The cgi on Cyborg and Steppenwolf really hurt it.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^And Aquaman's CGI is 10,000 times better. I like Justice League, despite it's shortcomings and cut-and-pasted assembly, but the CGI is REALLY poor.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

It's already pulled in $261 million before its US opening.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm0617.htm

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^And Aquaman's CGI is 10,000 times better. I like Justice League, despite it's shortcomings and cut-and-pasted assembly, but the CGI is REALLY poor.

Chris
                          yeah it does look better, just hope it can overcome all the negativity towards JL.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

The Absorbascon comics blog posted an insightful appraisal of the film and its genre that heartened me.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 18, '18, 8:46 PM. Reason: expansion

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I'm so pumped to see this film!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡