Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquaman is GOOD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Aquaman is GOOD

Saw it via the Amazon Prime member preview last night, and it's a fun, full-on comic book adaptation. An unabashed Aquaman movie that just embraces the honestly ludicrious trappings of the character we all love, and makes them work on the screen. Momoa's character grows and changes throughout, Mera is a strong, likeable hero of his equal, and the action and visuals are jaw-droppingly awesome. The whole family really enjoyed it.

My pal, and Aquman's biggest fan, Rob Kelly loved it as well. Go see it!!!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

^Good to hear! It looks like a lot of fun, which is exactly what DC needs in their movie-verse.
    I love Momoa's brilliant orange and green costume. Now maybe we can get Supes back into some brightly colored duds...

Blog Entries
    I cannot wait until boxing day. Really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I cannot wait until boxing day. Really looking forward to this.
    Shouldn't you see Creed 2 on Boxing Day ?

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm very excited to see it and relieved by your review. I need a lift this holiday season and this just might be it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    My only advice is that if you have young kids who are frightened easily, the Trench creatures are truly terrifying. They got quite a few jump scares out of our audience. So you may want to shield some eyes during that sequence, or avoid for the real young ones.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^ I was wondering how they'd be animated, they're pretty graphic in the comics--sort of piranha-derived gillmen.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Yeah, it's a real blast! Saw a 2D showing on the 12th, and will probably go back to see it in 3D next week.
    The movie is so packed full of awesome stuff. Great costumes, and the visuals are spectacular.
    And when Aquaman dons his classic orange & green suit, it's a real stand up and cheer moment.
    And yes, some of the creatures are very impressively scary... Almost Lovecraftian level menace.
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Dec 16, '18 at 3:38 PM.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Glad to hear! Will see it in 3D IMAX next Friday!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear. Hope it can overcome the negativity towards the JL movie and its poor performance. I just snagged it for 6 bucks on Black Friday and it really was better than expected. The cgi on Cyborg and Steppenwolf really hurt it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks