Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Aquaman is GOOD

Images
    I think word of mouth is helping with this one

Images
    If this isn't he final nail in the coffin of the dour Snyder-approach to comic book movies, I don't know what is. The fact that Aquaman (and to a lesser extent, Wonder Woman) eschewed his aesthetic and fully embraced the comic book trappings of their source material, and has been financially more successful ought to be enough to get the suits at WB to realize THIS is the approach most people want. The real world is right outside our door. We go to these movies for escapism. Seems pretty simple to me.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^This!!!

I finally got see it this weekend at a Saturday Matinee and had a blast. That's what I like to say about movies, especially Superhero Movies..... "It was fun!". So many easter eggs, too. Lovecraftian elements and references in a fun movie? Loved it!

The thing I liked most about my experience was listening to kids laugh and say "Whooaaaa" throughout the whole movie. I even heard kids let out a collective "yuck!" at the kissing scene. Hahahahaha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    If this isn't he final nail in the coffin of the dour Snyder-approach to comic book movies, I don't know what is. The fact that Aquaman (and to a lesser extent, Wonder Woman) eschewed his aesthetic and fully embraced the comic book trappings of their source material, and has been financially more successful ought to be enough to get the suits at WB to realize THIS is the approach most people want. The real world is right outside our door. We go to these movies for escapism. Seems pretty simple to me.
    Chris
    I think/hope you're right about this. The success of the Nolan Batman films led the execs to think superhero movies had to be dark and super serious. Those films were great, but that's also a reflection of Batman and Nolan's amazing stories. These stories are being handled with a proper tone. I think this will only be reinforced if the upcoming Shazam film is as good as the trailer and continues this success.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.