Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

I used to get my comics at an old-style newsroom store called Fisher's Newsroom, in bustling Albion, NY. A small little town between Buffalo and Rochester. I remember that place so well. Football cards, baseball cards, Wacky Packages, and candy you couldn't find anywhere else. Along the back wall there were popular magazines, newspapers, dirty magazines, and of course, comic books. The comics were all carefully fanned out on wooden shelves so you could clearly find the latest issues of Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Team-Ups, Fantastic Four, etc. all with "Still only 25 Cents!" on the covers.

Somehow, a newsroom in a small town like that made until 2016, when if finally sold its last cigar and copy of Detective Comics. But fond memories, and like many of us here, I still have most of the very same issues of comics I bought there decades ago.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Grocery Stores mostly, I would also get those and my baseball cards at our local dime store, G. C. Murphy's. Man I wish that store was still there....
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Was Woolco and a gas station for me, inter-mixed with the color-by-number sets, velvet black light posters, calendars, teenie mags… wild 70's!

At some point the local indy toy store (Liberty Plaza) that supplied my early Mego madness added a couple big spinner racks. War comics became very interesting to me then.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

Rexalls Drugs on the spinner racks. They squeaked like crazy and the clerk would always stare me down if I spun it around more than one full turn. So I spun it a lot, lol. Also 7-11, but I had to bike there. All the comics were always bent because they were bent forward to see behind them. I picked up a Conan 100 at my Barbershop. It was well worn and read by the time I got it.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎