Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Info on these New Mego Company Employees?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

Funny thing: I saw Luthor in the store and thought the sculpt was bland and undefined. I think the great Batmen heads ruined me! Lol

Also I picked up The Flash. I like that his head sculpt reminds me of Mego's 12" Capt America. Great work, sir!
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

If you like the headsculpt, chances are Andy did it.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Starbuck
        • Jun 22, 2019

Great job, Andrew!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Thank you.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
            Sean's last name is Sansom, it's been misspelled. He's a good friend of mine, he is a SFX artist who worked on IT! Shazam and Suicide Squad, for which he won an Oscar. He also sculpted Brick Mantooth.
            I gotta tell ya, Brick is one of the finest modern Mego sculpts to happen in ages. Hits that PERFECT sweet spot, between realistic and cartoony and legit looks like a vintage Mego would. So kudos to Sean Sansom.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              Thanks! I usually look at Neal Adams, José Luis García-López, and Alex Ross. I looked at Curt Swan for Superman, but
              Paul thought he looked to old so I had to de-age him.
              It depends on the character, but I aim for an iconic silver age look.
              I think you're succeeding, I particularly like Superman and he's not my favorite hero.

Regarding Joker, I recently got 12" vintage Mego Batman and Robin, and I'm planning on using your Joker head to 'bash an adversary.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                Thanks! I usually look at Neal Adams, José Luis García-López, and Alex Ross. I looked at Curt Swan for Superman, but
                Paul thought he looked to old so I had to de-age him.

It depends on the character, but I aim for an iconic silver age look.
                Whoa! I'm soooo looking forward for a Neal Adams Silver Age Dick Grayson Robin (Non-smiling please!) on the 14" line...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎