Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert_Anthony
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 5, 2015

Holy Moley, she looks pretty. I think I know the first of the 12" ones I'm getting...SHAZAM!

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

I bought a Mary . Aquaman and a robin.they are awesome.ill be getting more.i love that their original head sculpts on the classics.mary marvel has the Supergirl head.very nice figures.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

Robin's emblem should be a little bigger.oh I hope ftc does an isis ( goddess ) figure in the "12" size .that would be cool.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I agree.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
            Museum Patron
            • Sep 5, 2015

Well, I got mine...and I love her...directly from FTC. Totally beautiful. I hope that if Supergirl is in the next line, she is as lovely...slippers included.

Comment

• OCSuperman
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 4, 2014

I got mine ... Robin, Batgirl, Riddler, Penguin, Plastic Man, Aquaman, & Mary Mary. They look bigger than I expected (if that makes sense) but very nice in person! Especially the female figures ... Mary Marvel is very nice in hand, B U T mine hunches over to the left much like the 8 inch female bodies do.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

The inner band is too short. That's why it hunches over.
                JediJaida

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  The inner band is too short. That's why it hunches over.
                  On a 8" FTC female figure that is too tight, I remove the head, remove the very small plastic angular-U-shaped neck anchor, and lengthen the inner band with a pipe cleaner between the top of the rubber band's eyelet: I feed the wire back up through the neck post, which is now attached and tied through the top rubber eyelet, and secure the wire around the anchor. Once I get the right tension, I snip the excess of the pipecleaner with wire cutters (the excess wire twisted securely right at that anchor), and pop the head back on.

It is a relatively easy remedy with the length of the pipecleaner fed back up through the bottom part of the torso to the neck post again. The biggest challenge is not to drop and lose that anchor, because it's such a small piece on the 8" figures.

Attaching the wire in the band's eyelet and pulling the wire doesn't make it so tight to risk the wire slicing the rubber eyelet. I'm wondering if something like this would work for the 12" female bodies as well.
                  Last edited by comicmike; Jan 11, '19, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Why didn't I think of that??? I'll get some pipe cleaners after work and do just that on my MM.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I hope it helps you out with the 12" body. It's why I'm actually happy with the FTC 8" repro female bodies: The remedy is so simple.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I got some pipe cleaners today. Can you take some pictures and show how you did it?
                        JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          I got some pipe cleaners today. Can you take some pictures and show how you did it?
                          YES! Pictures please. I like the FTC female body a lot, but so many have the tension issue.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Here is my example of a customized silk screen Wonder Woman that I adapted from the FTC issue. All the details were developed with a fresher sewing construction for a better body costume fit, and having added a Mego tag inside one of the upper legs (it is a bit visible from the back of the costume's material transparency; in that second from the last snapshot). After all that work, and I set out to start fixing that crooked pose. I loosened up the body along the inner elastic spine to help Diana to be able to hold her poses and keep a better, traditional Mego-like aesthetic: The tools included a craft store clamp, plyers, wire cutter and a pipecleaner.
                            Incidentally, somewhere in my forum readings, I seem to recall a member had suggested to check that the FTC midriff ball's larger concave opening is facing downward to increase posability: This extra step is a quick one after having fed the pipecleaner through the middle with the easy solution. A helpful twist of the pipecleaner above the neck (a tightened twist for beneath the squared "U" anchor) and lastly on top of the squared "U" (to keep it from slipping back down into the neck hole) before snipping off the extra wire, I softened the hard FTC head in hot water and popped it back on the neck post. Now Diana's even ready to hold a good upright seating pose for her next long Invisible Plane ride.

Last edited by comicmike; Jan 16, '19, 5:35 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Very nice. She has much better posture now. I like it.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• OCSuperman
                                Museum Patron
                                • Sep 4, 2014

I have to say those pics are very good to show the steps, but I just am not comfortable taking my Mary Marvel apart to fix it.

First I'd be afraid to mess her up ... more importantly I should not have to fix a $50 figure (FTC)!

I am at a crossroads, my 12" Riddler has a wonky/loose arm too. I am honestly rethinking these 12" figures. C'mon FTC ... I played with Megos as a child and trust me I was not easy on them YET they never, never, NEVER were this fragile!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎