Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mary Marvel is in the house!

I got mine ... Robin, Batgirl, Riddler, Penguin, Plastic Man, Aquaman, & Mary Mary. They look bigger than I expected (if that makes sense) but very nice in person! Especially the female figures ... Mary Marvel is very nice in hand, B U T mine hunches over to the left much like the 8 inch female bodies do.

Images
    Blog Entries
    The inner band is too short. That's why it hunches over.
    JediJaida

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    The inner band is too short. That's why it hunches over.
    On a 8" FTC female figure that is too tight, I remove the head, remove the very small plastic angular-U-shaped neck anchor, and lengthen the inner band with a pipe cleaner between the top of the rubber band's eyelet: I feed the wire back up through the neck post, which is now attached and tied through the top rubber eyelet, and secure the wire around the anchor. Once I get the right tension, I snip the excess of the pipecleaner with wire cutters (the excess wire twisted securely right at that anchor), and pop the head back on.

It is a relatively easy remedy with the length of the pipecleaner fed back up through the bottom part of the torso to the neck post again. The biggest challenge is not to drop and lose that anchor, because it's such a small piece on the 8" figures.

Attaching the wire in the band's eyelet and pulling the wire doesn't make it so tight to risk the wire slicing the rubber eyelet. I'm wondering if something like this would work for the 12" female bodies as well.
    Last edited by comicmike; Jan 11, '19 at 11:29 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Why didn't I think of that??? I'll get some pipe cleaners after work and do just that on my MM.
    JediJaida

I hope it helps you out with the 12" body. It's why I'm actually happy with the FTC 8" repro female bodies: The remedy is so simple.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I got some pipe cleaners today. Can you take some pictures and show how you did it?
    JediJaida

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    I got some pipe cleaners today. Can you take some pictures and show how you did it?
    YES! Pictures please. I like the FTC female body a lot, but so many have the tension issue.