Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REMCO Mini-Monsters Catalog re-creation!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I’ve opened so many vintage, valuable rare toys over a long period of time. It’s only something I do occasionally since I rarely get new toys. However, I have no compunction when it comes to opening these toys. I won’t begin to mention some of the valuable toys I’ve discarded when they’ve broken to one degree or another and I had no desire to go through the trouble of selling them. Another rare occurrence, but it’s happened. Some of you would hate me for it. LOL

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Does this mean we should or should not tear open the new Mego figures?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Star Wars collectors (some) are the worst. They go freaking ape if you open a figure.
        They are bat spit crazy. They will give death threats over opening a Rancor Keeper on a C-1 card.

Life's too short I open all my stuff. Don't care how old it is.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
          They are bat spit crazy. They will give death threats over opening a Rancor Keeper on a C-1 card.

Life's too short I open all my stuff. Don't care how old it is.
          Really? Death threats? Wow!

- Ian

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
            Really? Death threats? Wow!

- Ian
            Yep. It's true. I used to be a member of Rebel Scum...I got threatened with bodily injury for opening a carded ESB Yoda.
            As I recall, they were going to find me, come into my house, beat me with a baseball bat and take my figures away because I didn't deserve them. I am not kidding.

Comment

• VulcansFury
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 6, 2014

Nice work!

I was never a MonsterKid (I am an honorary one now though) but my parents wisely bought me this set which mixed in well with my Star Wars. Creature lost a foot after I went sledding with this entire set after school. Phantom was my Emperor stand-in for years with my Star Wars figures. And I rebought a set within the past couple years because these Remcos are fantastic.

I rarely bother with Rebelscum's forum these days because they are too extreme at times.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Yep. It's true. I used to be a member of Rebel Scum...I got threatened with bodily injury for opening a carded ESB Yoda.
                As I recall, they were going to find me, come into my house, beat me with a baseball bat and take my figures away because I didn't deserve them. I am not kidding.
                I’m shocked. What fanatics...beyond fanatics. I don’t know what to call them but that’s insane, Chris. Then again, they dress-up as these characters. Something very unbalanced is at play. Sheesh.

- Ian

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Ridiculous. I'm a huge Star Wars collector and shake my head. I hate being "lumped in" with those sentiments. The hypocrisy of it is, sometimes you can find a loose figure on eBay sell more for a carded one, especially in the Droids cartoon line.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

There are creeps in every hobby, it absolutely isn't just Star Wars.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                      There are creeps in every hobby, it absolutely isn't just Star Wars.
                      Very true a big chunk for fandom in general is pretty messed up right now.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                        I’m shocked. What fanatics...beyond fanatics. I don’t know what to call them but that’s insane, Chris. Then again, they dress-up as these characters. Something very unbalanced is at play. Sheesh.

- Ian
                        Cosplay is not per se an indication of mental imbalance.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Cosplay is not per se an indication of mental imbalance.
                          Agreed, in general.

- Ian

Comment

• VulcansFury
                            Museum Patron
                            • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            Very true a big chunk for fandom in general is pretty messed up right now.
                            Fandom has always been partly messed up. I've seen so many meltdowns over the years, including a woman losing her mind at a ST con over Troi "cheating" on Riker, and a Lego fan refusing to buy Lego for his kids because they didnt make some deep background Lord of the Rings characters as minifigures.

Too many people from every aspect of fandom and collecting loose their minds over the most trivial of stuff. It gets to the point where I think some people look forward to new releases just to have something to complain about. I totally respect constructive criticism, but that seems to be a dying art. Some folks go full histrionic for the attention.

As for things like carded ESB Yodas, a quick look on auction sites show there are still a lot of them out there. Nobody is chopping up a Mona Lisa.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎