Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I saw Spider-Man yesterday and it was fantastic! The animation was beautiful and had a completely different look and feel from typical 3D animation movies. And it had Spider-Ham!!

I'm excited already to see it again!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

It's definitely not a classic Spider-man tale, but I'm glad to see them doing something new and different. The animation was beautiful.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Well, Johnny Come Lately here...but just saw it...and was blown away.

It’s my all time favorite Spider-Man movie.

It’s a Spider-Verse universe, the original Peter Parker is there, so relax, lol.

My head and heart is never set in stone...I take the old with the new, as long as it’s well made...and this movie was nothing but awesome.

10-10
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Well worth its Oscar win for Best Animated Film, hell yeah.
          sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Yeah, the people who dismissed this as “not my Spider-Man” are missing out... it is theirs and new ones at the same time, and done in a way that both respects the comic tradition while adding to it in clever ways.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

This is what the traditionalists want...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

In fact...this annoys me to no end a lot more than Miles Morales as an alternate Spidey...

Iron Man mentoring/lecturing/scolding Spidey annoys me to no end. Since when Parker bows to Stark???

Spidey is an A-lister superhero who answers to B-level superhero...please...

Thanks, Robert Downey Jr!

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                    In fact...this annoys me to no end a lot more than Miles Morales as an alternate Spidey...

Iron Man mentoring/lecturing/scolding Spidey annoys me to no end. Since when Parker bows to Stark???

Spidey is an A-lister superhero who answers to B-level superhero...please...

Thanks, Robert Downey Jr!

I get wanting to tie him to the MCU, but that was a bit much. Stark is a fill in for Reed Richards in the science dept for Petey at the time. Now they may be able to correct that.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I am so over MCU Tony Stark. He wishes he was half as smart as Reed Richards.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

When I first saw the trailer I rolled my eyes a bit, because it seemed so (I guess) gimmicky and inside-geeky. But, since I'm contractually obligated to watch every Marvel movie with my son and 2 of my nieces I did see it with low expectations.

And I kinda get that people are distrustful because it's "not my Spidey", or whatever — but the fun and clever thing about the plot is that it lifts away the burden of all those expectations (and the continuity of the MCU) and delivers a really fun origin story that (to me) ended up feeling closer to classic Spider-Man comics. It was so fresh, fun, and genuinely emotional that it felt steeped in classic Lee/Ditko/Romita Spidey in a way that the previous movies haven't pulled off. It riffs on all the classic old Spidey stuff, adds new things, and even sort of secretly ties up the Raimi trilogy in a satisfying way.

I also liked Homecoming, and thought that movie did a great job of pulling off that feeling as well, but the other great thing about Spider-Verse is that the animation and visual style is absolutely astonishing and unique.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I finally watched it last night. it was alright but I was not blown away by it. didn't really care for the animation style but there was a lot of humor and it was a fun movie

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

If anyone is interested this is a nice summary of the techniques used for its unique look:

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎