X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

Into the Spiderverse (SPOILERS!)

I saw this last night. It was not great. Peter Parker was a jerk. The pigs role was mercifully minimal. Peni could have had a little more screen time. Miles was ok. Spidergwen was great, deserves her own feature. Nicholas Cage and Lily Tomlin as Spiderman Noir and Aunt Mae were awesome. Hated the art on Kingpin. Prowler looked more like Wraith. Kinda enjoyed Olivia Octavius/Doc Ock. Overall it averaged out, but I will probably pass on the DVD.

CCC.
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

I saw it last night and loved it. It was funny and clever and the soundtrack coalesced well with the action and the story line. The actors fit the characters well. I enjoyed it more than Aquaman which I also enjoyed. If you are waiting to see this or planned on bypassing it, I would re think it.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I was surprised by how much I liked this movie. I really felt they pulled it off the type of humor that both respects but also pokes a bit of fun at the source material. I could see how a die-hard Spider-man fan would have issues with the movie, though. Especially since the Spidey they used was from a universe where he's kind of a loser. That and the casting of Jake Johnson actually made me like this more.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

This movie bears no resemblance to the Spidey I know. Easy pass. Zero interest in seeing Hollywood destroy another oldtime franchise to satisfy the millienial movie goers.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

The animation was fantastic. The script was both funny and smart. It has a ton of little callbacks and Eater Eggs for Spider-Man fans. I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, surprised to see people harshing on the movie here, but I guess Wee67 is right, it can rub old time fans wrong.

I took it as a new direction to go with a character who has been in 8 major motion pictures at this time, and over 50 years of other media. The aged Peter was a natural progression of the "Parker luck", regular 616 version of the character. The blond, has-it-all version that died at the beginning is definitely NOT the Peter Parker I grew up reading.

I enjoyed the whole flick, but my enjoyment was no doubt amplified because my son LOVES all the Spider-Verse stuff, and has since it first started up a few years back.

It's a gorgeous flick, but Aquaman got me more in my heart strings, just because, as I've said before, this is the 9th Spider-Man I've seen on the big screen.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

Oh my gosh I think the New Spidey movie is great.

saw it twice. once in 3D.

Fantastic.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

Spidergwen and Spiderman Noir were my favorite parts. I could go see features of both of them.

CCC.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

I thought it was one of the best movies of the year. My wife and son, who are not into comics as much as me, really loved it. It was so much fun and had some great humor.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I scoffed at the trailer, and completely planned to blow it off. I really got nothing from the trailers that made me want to see it.

Then the positive reviews came in...

I don't follow the comics at all. For me, my knowledge of Spidey is limited to the first 150 or so issues, and his TV and movie appearances. Do I have to be into the modern stories to enjoy this?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I just saw it and was blown away by the animation.I never watch any Pixar type movies but this was marvel so I couldn't pass it by.I think Kingpin's look is based on bill sienkiewicz' art im looking forward to a sequel(I think with Jessica drew,Silk and other spider women)

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

I've heard it was good. But like Star Wars I'm burnt out on Spiderman.

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

My family and I just got back from seeing this. Wow, lots of fun! The animation was a little jarring right at the beginning but it was an easy adjustment and I really enjoyed how it looked.

If you like Spiderman at all, it's worth seeing. There was some funny throwbacks to the previous films too which was cool.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Godzilla
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 3, 2002

My fam went today and everyone LOVED it. This hit the ball out of the park for us.
                            Mortui Vivos Docent
                            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

When I saw the first trailer, I thought "Hard Pass", never read anything with Morales in it and Spider-Man movies haven't been my thing in years. Second trailer looked interested but still...pass. I got some free tickets to the movies and gave it a go, even my wife raved about it saying she can't wait to see it again.

It is very well done and a lot of fun.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎