Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to improve FTC posing? Neca bodies? Other tips?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arthur Junior
    • Dec 12, 2018

How to improve FTC posing? Neca bodies? Other tips?

Hi! I'm a figures photographer (see instagram @arthurjr) and I'm new into Mego. I love the SuperFriends figures from FTC, but they have very limited poseability. The thin bodies used for figures like Scarecrow and Toyman are even worse. For instance: if I raise the arms, the legs move together - probably due to the very short rubber bands used. So I thought about replacing the figures bodies by the Neca ones. Are they compatible? They are not rubber band based, are they?

Or will I have better posing if I just replace the original rubber bands by bigger o-rings?

Answers for these questions or any other tips about better new FTC posing are welcome.

Thanks a lot!!!
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Your best bet is the Type S body - no bands. NECA will give you fits as it's not a straight swap.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Type S was going to be my suggestion, so I'll just "second" it.

Comment

• Arthur Junior
        • Dec 12, 2018

Thank you very much, EMCE Hammer and LonnieFisher! I'll try one of those!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Keep in mind that the Type S probably won't work for skinny figure replacements since the clothes are tailored to fit them and not the regular bodies.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• =DAMAGE=
            • Sep 3, 2008

I am also interested in using the Type S to give some FTC KISS figures more pose ability,
            but I am concerned about the neck hole size possibly being too big. I have done a swap with a vintage MEGO type 2 body and the FTC head falls right out. I then did the swap keeping the head in the original torso replacing all the limbs and this worked but like I said I would like more pose ability. I realize that the construction of the Type S will not allow me to keep the original torso. Anybody out there use the Type S for any FTC figures? Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎