X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Mego Gorn muscle body: first attempt...

I have a thing about Gorns (who knew?), but Emce and new Mego didn't make him impressive enough, I felt.
    Shatner wouldn't be scared of those thin arms and small chest.
    So here's my first attempt at body building an Emce Gorn. It still needs fine-tuning, some sanding, and then paints.

It's been years since I did some sculpting, I really need to get more practice in. Have to work on my body proportions.
    I might try a superhero muscle body next. This have been a fun project so far.

Gorn body III n.jpg

Gorn body IV_n.jpg

Gorn body I_n.jpg

Gorn body II_n.jpg
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

looks good. The hulk body Gorn goes a bit too far for super muscled, but the regular bodies are a bit thin. The actor who played the gorn was probably a normal sized buck, but they had that slightly padded suit on to add some muscle and alien-ness to it. I look forward to seeing this in green.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

The Hulk body is alright but too short. I like the taller body that Dr. Mego has on his website. It's also able to move at the waist. The original Gorn costume didn't have the Gorn Captain super buff. His head was over sized since it was a mask. He had muscular arms and legs but the torso, not so much.
      Gorn cap.jpg

Sill. Love what you're doing and I can't wait to see the completed fig.
      Last edited by Capt_Kirk; Dec 14, '18, 2:25 PM.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• cockyhoskins
        Career Member
        • Jan 13, 2009

Nice work! Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I couldn't really address the head which, as said above, should be a bit bigger and wider.
          I may tone down his pecs, I think I got carried away a bit too much. The Gorn in the classic episode had a bit more "saggy" torso. Too many hours in the Captain's seat, I guess.
          Let's call this one the "been at the gym" Gorn...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I think a green swivel-arm body is needed for a better "Mego" Gorn.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

It's always a compromise between sculpt and articulation, and a swivel arm is hard to combine with sculpted muscles without ruining the lines (as it turns).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Too bad the type S with upgrades is not available in green.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Too bad the type S with upgrades is not available in green.
                  That's true, but couldn't you always paint the body with correct paint brand and color?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'd be more likely to try and dye it, but yes.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I'm very happy with the new Mego Gorn, but that still is some impressive sculpting. I look forward to seeing the finished figure.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎