X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome things on Ebay this week

Planet of the Apes Periscope- What's the connection between Apes and a periscope? Because I said so, you ask too many questions! This interview is over!

Japanese Diecast Darth Vader- I'm not a huge Star Wars guy but Japanese Star Wars stuff is super neat to look at and always will be.

Star Blazers Playset- Probably one of my happiest childhood memories is watching Star Blazers every day at three at my best friends house, this amazing playset for the 3 3/4" figure line should have been sold in North America but never was.

Black Hole PVC figures from Portugal- I love "The Black Hole" movie like any nine year old should and I am in love with these PVC figures from Portugal. I miss the days of weird foreign market toys.

Complete Mattel Pulsar Collection- Pulsar is definitely one of the more interesting action figure concepts of the 1970s and now you can get him, his enemy Hypnos and his Life Systems Center in one fell swoop! If this weren't the holidays, I'd totally be bidding on this for no good reason.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

A quinfecta of goodness.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

I had the Pulsar but I don't have any memory at all of having seen Hypnos or the Life Systems Center. I used him as a Science Villain for Steve Austin.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Why, oh why did I sell my Pulsar and Hypnos years ago? My Aunt Joan had really weird taste when she bought me those. I should've appreciated them more.

The Japanese Star Wars packaging is great because it uses that awesome Bob Seidemann publicity photography. (Google that and enjoy the images)

As much as I love all of these (this is again a really strong week), I would go with the Star Blazers set. I too get warm fuzzies when I think back to watching the cartoon (in my case early morning before school). If I could just have that set and the figures, I'd be very happy. Come on, Super7! Get on that.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This is my favorite new feature on PS and the Museum. Okay, maybe after Mint Off Card, but I really look forward to both. Great stuff, most of which I've never seen before!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
            Customego HoF Curator
            • Nov 19, 2003

Love me some Pulsar and Hypnos on a Friday morning. Thanks
            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Man, this is a great list! I really need that diecast Vader to go with my Takara Threepio and Artoo but he's usually the most expensive of the set. I've never seen those Black Hole toys before, cool! I really regret selling my childhood Pulsar about 15 years ago, that complete set is tempting!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                Man, this is a great list! I really need that diecast Vader to go with my Takara Threepio and Artoo but he's usually the most expensive of the set. I've never seen those Black Hole toys before, cool! I really regret selling my childhood Pulsar about 15 years ago, that complete set is tempting!
                I found one of those Takara Vaders at a Toronto yard sale back in the 1980s, paid a quarter, flipped it for twenty bucks. Regret it.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Damn, I'd regret that too! Did you know what it was at the time? I don't think I knew those existed until seeing one in a Toy Shop ad circa 1990-91.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                    Why, oh why did I sell my Pulsar and Hypnos years ago? My Aunt Joan had really weird taste when she bought me those. I should've appreciated them more.
                    Andy, one of the first things I re-collected as an adult was MIB Pulsar, Hypnos, and a bit later, the Life Systems Center. (I had Pulsar and the playset as a child.) They're some of my most cherished toys, I think that line was fantastic.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I have Pulsar and the Life Systems set. But the former owner of my Pulsar broke the hinge on his head and glued it shut. The program disc was missing anyway.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^ I did that with my childhood one, but it was great to get a MIB version with disks. I've always wondered if Mattel considered doing Pulsar outfit sets with variant disks.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Those damn disks, I think I lost mine in less than a week. I only ever had Pulsar, I almost bought Hypnos a couple days after Christmas 1978 using Christmas money, but ended up picking up the KISS Gene Simmons solo album instead. Wish I had more Christmas money!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎