X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Something is puzzling me...

Since DC has a version of Isis that is or was married to Black Adam, do they have the rights to the character, or does it belong strictly to the TV show?
    JediJaida
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The Filmation Isis is not owned by DC as far as I'm aware--their version was a riff on the character designed to circumnavigate license rights.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Thanks for clearing that up.
      JediJaida

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Since Isis is a mythological figure, she is essentially public domain (like Thor or Hercules) so anyone can do a version of her, but specific iterations and logos can be trademarked. In addition to DC, Image and BLuewater have published super-hero versions of Isis this century...

Image version...

Bluewater version...

the costumes are similar, but they are based on actual ancient Egyptian clothing so it cannot be trademarked.

So anyone could put out an Isis action figure or doll based on the mythological Isis and use ancient Egyptian clothing styles as the basis of the costume, but actress likeness, specific logos etc. would be off limits.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎