X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Jeering Joker and Glaring Gorilla

"Feel like Batman triumphing over his arch-enemy" yup, the ol' caped crusader just loves to kill in cold blood, with a gun.

I'm beginning to think Frank Miller got his start in the toy industry.

New Six Million Dollar Man Shirt in our Redbubble store!

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, there's two toys that would never be made for kids nowadays! I never saw that Joker before. He's holding a dagger? That's nuts!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

It seems like these would be made for a Wild West shootout toy with cowboy figures, later converted for the Joker and the Ape.

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

I'm surprised to catch this tidbit of Joker toy history

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Could that be a snipit of Neal Adams work as part of the merchandising art?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Wow, there's two toys that would never be made for kids nowadays! I never saw that Joker before. He's holding a dagger? That's nuts!
            I don't know, that stuff is pretty yikes! Not even a good idea at the time. They could have gone with laser guns and aliens or something. But taking out an endangered species or having Batman cap the Joker, yeah, that's not good.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Like I said on Facebook,I think the gorilla one was trying to cash in on King Kong.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

That dagger gives a lot of insentive to kill the Joker, and quickly.

I’m not so surprised by these. Boys toys were much more violent back then and no one really batted an eye. All of the best toys, including action figures had guns, if you were to ask most little boys. (Of course, superheros could, generally, get buy fine without and kids were fine with that) When I was a little boy, cap guns and toy knives were still staple toys. I had tons of both, over the years, as a child. We even still played Cowboys and Indians. That was already politically incorrect back then, as it should have been...but, it was still okay in kid circles. Different times.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎