Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman Retro Teen Robin... Not a new Headsculpt! Also, Where's Hawkman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Batman Retro Teen Robin... Not a new Headsculpt! Also, Where's Hawkman?

Just received the "new" Teen Robin figure and although it looks great it doesn't have a new head sculpt like the Newsletter claimed:

"Robin is back in his tradition costume, with an all new head sculpt, and you can craft his evolution into Nightwing with the fourth and final figure in the series!"

Furthermore, FTC claimed at the Newsletter:

"These new Batman Retro Series 6 figures are now available on www.figurestoycompany.com for purchase, along with other new items such as Hawkman’s first FTC figure, the debuting US Presidents line, new figures from Scooby-Doo, Wonder Woman’s nemesis Cheetah, and even Santa & Mrs. Claus to add to the holiday spirit!

You got to be disconnected from your offerings when you state things like this... What's going on FTC?
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Another Newsletter and no Hawkman picture(s)... And supposedly he was up for order last Friday...

"These new Batman Retro Series 6 figures are now available on www.figurestoycompany.com for purchase, along with other new items such as Hawkman’s first FTC figure, the debuting US Presidents line, new figures from Scooby-Doo, Wonder Woman’s nemesis Cheetah, and even Santa & Mrs. Claus to add to the holiday spirit!"

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

We live in an abundance, Hawkman is coming, don't focus on it man. Look at how much is coming out, I can't keep up.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
        We live in an abundance, Hawkman is coming, don't focus on it man. Look at how much is coming out, I can't keep up.
        Yeah, you're right... The little kid in me takes over way too often...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Trust me, you're not even in my top five of Hawkman obsessed people. One guy has been angrily demanding him like clockwork every week.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

there is a pic of him floating around somewhere.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              Trust me, you're not even in my top five of Hawkman obsessed people. One guy has been angrily demanding him like clockwork every week.
              Yes, and until you post hi-res pix of the Hawkman head in front, profile, and 3/4 views, those three- a.m. calls every Wednesday will continue.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

Still, based on earlier posts by FTC, this is a disappointment and I was under the impression we were going to get Hawkman this month. Though recently, according to their posts, it was supposed to be the mainstream version. I myself was holding out for the
                Super Friends version along with Giganta. I was really hoping to get them before the year's out since this was the 40th anniversary of Challenge of the Super Friends. Guess I can forget that idea. I also saw a post that Hanna Barbera's Birdman will be out sometime next year. Dare I guess the same for Hawkman? Maybe 2019 will be a year for winged heroes. In the meantime, I'm going to stop waiting on any further announcements about Hawkman and will order him whenever he does come out. At least we know that two versions of him will eventually be coming.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                  Still, based on earlier posts by FTC, this is a disappointment and I was under the impression we were going to get Hawkman this month. Though recently, according to their posts, it was supposed to be the mainstream version. I myself was holding out for the
                  Super Friends version along with Giganta. I was really hoping to get them before the year's out since this was the 40th anniversary of Challenge of the Super Friends. Guess I can forget that idea. I also saw a post that Hanna Barbera's Birdman will be out sometime next year. Dare I guess the same for Hawkman? Maybe 2019 will be a year for winged heroes. In the meantime, I'm going to stop waiting on any further announcements about Hawkman and will order him whenever he does come out. At least we know that two versions of him will eventually be coming.
                  Maybe they decided to redesign the wings? I'd much rather see something along the lines of Man-Bat than those hinged cardboard things they showed before.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Thank you Joe! If any of my Mego Brothas or Sistas is computer/web proficient and could find such picture and posted here, I'll very much appreciate it!!!

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Thanks to Garrison:

Nice assortment of new figures at FTC. placed an order for Reagan ,bush sr, Kennedy and clinton ,will get bush jr in next order ,but did get the creeper,new superfriends joker,also cheeta,and manbat .nice .those "12" look good ,mary marvels head looks small ,ill be getting some of these they look great ,love that

Originally posted by Garrison
                      Here's a picture of Hawkman courtesy of a banner ad on the Plastic Memory site:

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

Thank you so much comicmike!

Comment

• Type Two
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 20, 2010

Wow, thanks comicmike for posting the pic!

However, now that you've posted it, I don't know how I feel about Figures' Hawkman.

Head sculpt looks weird to me. What's with the extra feathers below the ears?

I can't warm up to those back wings. It would be one thing if the original Super Powers figure had cardboard flippy wings and this was an "homage," but...gee...can't dig those.

This is kind of like how I felt when I found out how hotdogs were made... .

Hoping that more defined pics of the figure will change my mind.

I will definitely buy at least TWO regardless, as I have a very nice bleit Hawkman head and some Doc Mego foam Hawkman wings.
                          Last edited by Type Two; Dec 16, '18, 2:45 AM.
                          Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I have Hawkman misgivings, too. And that particularly stings because I was sorely hoping to use the head sculpt.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megowgsh
                              Customego HoF Curator
                              • Nov 19, 2003

Hawkman looks AMAZING!!!! imo
                              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎