Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We are closer to Mego Meet 2019 than 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    I have lots of friends here in Columbus that will be at the Pride parade and activities. But I will be at Mego Meet all weekend.

Trading is definitely permitted. My first Mego Meet I brought a small box of stuff to trade with no success, but if you have the right items...

A table is cheap and a home base. Well worth getting one.
    I've had a table in the past. My main concern is, with my time being divided between two events, I just won't be able to man my table all weekend. I'm not so much concerned with theft. Everybody is solid, moreso, that Iwon't be there to make a deal when someone wants to.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbutsu View Post
    Usually I lament the fact that my near-fluency in Japanese has lapsed into marginal competence over the years, but I have never celebrated that fact like I am right now...
    You only need one Japanese word to describe what's happening there: sukebe

Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post
    You only need one Japanese word to describe what's happening there: sukebe
    Sukebe is too nonspecific... erojiji really tells the story.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Gah, I don't want to think of anyone here as an erotic old man.

We at RandomNoir are already getting things lined up. Unlike pretty much every year, we are planning to have everything wrapped up in May. I wasn't feeling great last year from multiple issues and didn't spend enough time with my family. This year will be different.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

I'm hoping to be there.. it will be my first one... what is the date? And where is it?

Images
    It is in Columbus OH. I think the second weekend of June, but can't remember for sure.

Images
    June 14-15.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    Hmmm... looks like a good opportunity to cash in some travel rewards! Has the hotel been announced?
    My Updated Want List:
    Comic book original art
    1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
    Marvel Secret Wars figures (minty loose Falcon, Constrictor, Iceman, and Electro)
    Custom Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Images
    Looking forward to it, but it's going to be challenging to save enough this year. I normally start in January and it's the "big" event/vacation on my year. This year, WrestleMania is my state (NJ) and while I've bought the ticket I know I'll need substantial funds for the weekend. Also, have something new in Auguest I'd like to attend. Of course, the #1 thing at MM I look forward to is seeing everyone, but it's always fun to have that special purchase.