X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

We are closer to Mego Meet 2019 than 2018

I will be there with my sidekick. It will be my 15th Mego Meet and her 13th or 14th. The drive from Columbus is not too bad.

I'll drive the Jokermobile there.

I have a costume idea. Lame, but fun. And one or two from the past.

I'll have megos and other crap for sale.

Maybe I'll even buy something.

I will help set up Thursday (I already told Austin I would, so might as well go all in)
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

I am only a little more than a half hour away from Columbus, but I couldn't make it work last year because of my work schedule, but my wife and I are really hoping to attend this year.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I hope to attend again, it was so much fun.

I don't know if I'll cosplay again--it took up a lot of time, and the character I've considered would be $$$.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I hope to attend again, it was so much fun.

I don't know if I'll cosplay again--it took up a lot of time, and the character I've considered would be $$$.
        I would say - just phone it in, but i now you are better than that. so get a ben cooper mask and have fun with it. Or come dressed as one of penguins goons,

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by MRP
          I am only a little more than a half hour away from Columbus, but I couldn't make it work last year because of my work schedule, but my wife and I are really hoping to attend this year.

-M
          well consider this your notice to request the day off six months from now

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

I'm sure the information is out there somewhere already, but would someone mind pointing me to who I should contact about trying to get a table? I have a friend a couple of states over that's interested and he's enlisted me to be his helper monkey.
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by toothaction
              I'm sure the information is out there somewhere already, but would someone mind pointing me to who I should contact about trying to get a table? I have a friend a couple of states over that's interested and he's enlisted me to be his helper monkey.
              Registration will open in January - no linkie yet.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm getting a lot of hotel interest too.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brue
                  I would say - just phone it in, but i now you are better than that. so get a ben cooper mask and have fun with it. Or come dressed as one of penguins goons,
                  That's good advice! And no, I can't phone it in. But then again, I would never have thought of something as clever as Mego Joker as opposed to another version.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                    Custom Mego Maker
                    • Jun 3, 2007

mego meet.

I will be there.

aw yeah.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                      Memory *is* RAM!
                      • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I'm getting a lot of hotel interest too.
                      Are you talking about the meet, or just people looking to get with you after seeing the old pic of you in the AJ suit?
                      "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

I've been ready for months now...bring it on.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jimbutsu
                          Are you talking about the meet, or just people looking to get with you after seeing the old pic of you in the AJ suit?
                          What I do in my AJ costume is between me and those Japanese businessmen.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jimbutsu
                            Memory *is* RAM!
                            • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                            What I do in my AJ costume is between me and those Japanese businessmen.
                            Usually I lament the fact that my near-fluency in Japanese has lapsed into marginal competence over the years, but I have never celebrated that fact like I am right now...
                            "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Columbus Pride is the same weekend as the meet. Since I'll be in town anyway, I'll be there. I probably won't have a table, but I'll have plenty of stuff for trading, if permitted.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎