Target delivery...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrentIsAngry
    • Oct 11, 2018

And here I thought the six boxes I have coming today were impressive!

yeah, the way the figures were popping up last week, with the B2G1 sale, I had to place a bunch of fast orders. Seems like the site has slowed down since then.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

This whole distribution system by Target is a mess. I got two boxes this weekend that I was waiting to open for Christmas with the kids. Pawson posted a video on FB showing the exact same box. He opened his and revealed a purposely smashed card stuffed inside to make it fit. So that's what I got sitting here.

One is a werewolf, which I was going to open. The other is a Kirk, which I was not. Lonnie, meanwhile, is getting coffin-size boxes for three figures so afterwards he can play Russian nesting dolls with Target boxes. I have two more orders arriving tomorrow. Joy.

It's aggravating because they're intentionally damaging a product. Except, the product itself isn't being damaged per say, the card is. This is happening because the stores are now a distribution outlet, except the employees and warehouse aren't designed for that. At TRU, whenever they had a damaged shelved item, I could get a discount. So now, I have to do this dance but at a store, I'm guessing.

So how about we drop the antiquated offset cardback design and just go to boxes with plastic hangers? For god's sake the Kresge makes more sense in today's market.

Otherwise, we're asking Target to invest x amount in cardboard box inventory for thousands of stores, just for Megos. That seems like a surefire way of having them get out of the Mego business.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I also got some figures in boxes too small for them. Kirk, being among them. Bent cards really suck.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

If I had all those boxes in my toy room, I'd build me a fort.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by hedrap
            ...So how about we drop the antiquated offset cardback design and just go to boxes with plastic hangers? For god's sake the Kresge makes more sense in today's market...
            I got a Blue Batman and Lex tossed in a box. The size was right, but unlike my well, plastic wrap protected 8" figures (I was one of the lucky ones, also with the right box size), the boxes looked well worn, whether from the shipping process or abuse on the store shelf. I can't wait to see how Wonder Woman gets delivered.

I'm not saying boxes wouldn't be better, but I wouldn't expect undamaged items. I've had smashed boxes delivered in the past too.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Just occured to me: You must be on first name basis with your delivery guy!

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                • Jun 1, 2012

I'm glad I'm buying these figures to open up and display. My Sulu and Uhura Mirror Mirror set has a 4 inch gash on the top of the box. Meanwhile other figures are lovingly packaged as if the cards were made of fine bone china.

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

Those shipping boxs are way overdone ,....And wouldnt you know it ,i get two werewolfs the other day ,and their fine ,but i go out to pick up a copy of the orville season 1
                  and i go to the mego section and their were 2 werewolfs ,2 romulans and 2 cowardly lions ,i like buying at retail far better ,but did buy 1 of each figure anyway cause
                  they were case fresh .

Comment

• DavidCoppola
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 3, 2009

Finally nabbed a Green shirt Kirk online, waited a week. Damaged box came with a Werewolf in it. LOL.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I think I should be getting 29 more figures today.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Shipping catastrophe today! I got a box that was crushed open and re-taped. It contents were not complete.

At least they are replacing the missing contents. Two other boxes I got today were in bad shape, but not quite that bad.

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

^^ Holy Moly at least the megos were not damaged ,you would have said so ,29 more figures to how many in the last shipment ,sounds as if you bought Marty
                          abrams a nice car with just your purchases .i bought him a cushman scooter -a nice one though .

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I've been trying to help sales, that's for sure!

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I got about 5 megos delivered yesterday, spread across 3 gigantic boxes. You'd have thought I ordered 3 microwave ovens. Then there were smaller boxes inside the big ones. A bit wasteful, but my cats are happy with big boxes to sit on.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

I got three boxes yesterday. Opened them for a quick look, so I don't know if there is any damage yet.

One medium box had a bagged 14" Wonder Woman, angled corner-to-corner.

One small box had three individually bagged 8" figures.

One large box had three smaller boxes (which I haven't opened yet) and one loose figure 8" figure next to those.

Outside of the 14" Wonder Woman, I am not too worried about damage on these, but outside of possible shelf wear, the ones I could see looked okay.

I've only had one really bad box and that was for two 14" figures, which looked like they were well shelf worn before they were packed.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎