Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pandorakirby
    • Dec 30, 2010

Did BBP lose Twilight Zone license?

Not seeing anything new from mego or microverse -- did they lose license?
  • Joshua the Atomic Robot
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 14, 2012

Their website has Twilight Zone listed as a "retired product line." So yeah, I don't know if they "lost" the license, or if just ran it's course and the they decided not to renew it, but they aren't making them anymore.

Comment

• mars396
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 14, 2007

Could this mean exciting news for the Target/Mego 2.0 licensing ?????

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

The license likely expired and BBP opted not to renew, they did wonderful things with it.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• alex
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 15, 2009

So I suppose the age old question will there be anymore TZ 8" figures in the future, means no? What a shame, they gave us some great properties, and a terrible loss they stopped making 8"... Are they still in the collectibles business?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Yes, they're still in business, just not in the 8" figure business. They were doing quite well with the Pin mates brand especially with Twin Peaks but I honestly haven't been following lately.

I really don't know how much was left to mine from TZ, especially since they couldn't get permission from the Serling estate.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

I really don't know how much was left to mine from TZ, especially since they couldn't get permission from the Serling estate.[/QUOTE]

Well they showed us all those amazing prototypes at a fair, which werent released. The TZ line probably one of the best retro lines done, just kept it in the middle, didnt go as far as Neca, but just above the Mego style, still keeping the charm.

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

My jumbled archive of what-could-have-beens:

Lifted mostly from here. Thanks to the original contributors!
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, this makes me sad. I loved this line, and would have bought every depicted release. I so wanted an Anthony Fremont, amongst others.

It seems that, with Venture Bros., Uni Monsters, Emce Trek & POTA, TZ, I'm always hoping for just one more wave of four lol.

With new Mego, who knows?
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 1, '19, 1:20 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

wish the Santa would have came out, instant head for the Archer.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

"Ach, this makes me sad. I loved this line, and would have bought every depicted release. I so wanted an Anthony Fremont, amongst others.

It seems that, with Venture Bros., Uni Monsters, Emce Trek & POTA, TZ, I'm always hoping for just one more wave of four lol.

With new Mego, who knows?"

I would have loved an Anthony/Billy figure. It would be great if Mego continued some of the lines you mention, like Venture Bros.! They haven't given us Uni Monsters, but close! We are getting more monsters. And they have continued the Star Trek line with the new mirror universe Sulu, mirror universe Uhura, and green shirt Kirk. Twilight Zone might be a good choice for Mego to make this year. And some Apes figures...

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                        The license likely expired and BBP opted not to renew, they did wonderful things with it.
                        Thank you! Correct about the license, although we are always in ongoing conversations with our friends at CBS.
                        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                        bifbangpow.com
                        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by alex
                          I really don't know how much was left to mine from TZ, especially since they couldn't get permission from the Serling estate.
                          Well they showed us all those amazing prototypes at a fair, which werent released. The TZ line probably one of the best retro lines done, just kept it in the middle, didnt go as far as Neca, but just above the Mego style, still keeping the charm.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the kinds words, support and business!
                          Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                          bifbangpow.com
                          twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 21, 2009

We are here!

Originally posted by alex
                            So I suppose the age old question will there be anymore TZ 8" figures in the future, means no? What a shame, they gave us some great properties, and a terrible loss they stopped making 8"... Are they still in the collectibles business?
                            Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                            bifbangpow.com
                            twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

I have used a few of the 3 3/4" figures for customs. I use the Henry Bemis figure as a stand in Alfred for my Batman figures.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎