Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did BBP lose Twilight Zone license?

"Ach, this makes me sad. I loved this line, and would have bought every depicted release. I so wanted an Anthony Fremont, amongst others.

It seems that, with Venture Bros., Uni Monsters, Emce Trek & POTA, TZ, I'm always hoping for just one more wave of four lol.

With new Mego, who knows?"

I would have loved an Anthony/Billy figure. It would be great if Mego continued some of the lines you mention, like Venture Bros.! They haven't given us Uni Monsters, but close! We are getting more monsters. And they have continued the Star Trek line with the new mirror universe Sulu, mirror universe Uhura, and green shirt Kirk. Twilight Zone might be a good choice for Mego to make this year. And some Apes figures...

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    The license likely expired and BBP opted not to renew, they did wonderful things with it.
    Thank you! Correct about the license, although we are always in ongoing conversations with our friends at CBS.
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I really don't know how much was left to mine from TZ, especially since they couldn't get permission from the Serling estate.
    Well they showed us all those amazing prototypes at a fair, which werent released. The TZ line probably one of the best retro lines done, just kept it in the middle, didnt go as far as Neca, but just above the Mego style, still keeping the charm.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the kinds words, support and business!
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

We are here!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    So I suppose the age old question will there be anymore TZ 8" figures in the future, means no? What a shame, they gave us some great properties, and a terrible loss they stopped making 8"... Are they still in the collectibles business?
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Images
    I have used a few of the 3 3/4" figures for customs. I use the Henry Bemis figure as a stand in Alfred for my Batman figures.

CCC.