X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Is this a Hint of things to come???

Has anyone else noticed this oddity about an accessory packed with some of the figures???
    mego-bladerunner-gun.jpg

I got this gun with the Sabrina Duncan figure (Charlie's Angels). I did not notice the gun style. I was buying the figure to use as a custom and didn't pay attention to much else about it. But when I unpacked the figure I gave this accessory a closer inspection. That is a pretty clear 1/9 scale copy of Deckard's sidearm from Blade Runner!!! I also noticed that some other figures were packed with this accessory.
    Forgive my flight of fancy here but I would love to see a Mego line of the Original 1982 Blade Runner movie!!! That would be AWESOME!!!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

The Brickseek list initially had a Blade Runner 2-pack listed as part of wave 3 (one of 3 2-packs for the wave, so something was of with the list), but I think it was Dr. Mego who said it didn't happen because likeness rights issues couldn't be worked out in time. Now whether it may still happen in the future is unknown, but the gun may be a remnant of the initial work towards that set which fell through and so was used for other accessories.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎