• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Target Ghost Figures?

Hi guys,

I was just at Target today and I asked a nice lady if she could help me in the toy section. I stood before one part of the ravaged Mego section, which had 1 Norm of Cheers, 1 Alice of Brady Bunch fame, a couple of Kellies from Charlie's Angels, 1 Richie Cunningham from Happy Days, 2 Charmed Pipers, 2 of the Cowardly Lions from Oz, 3 Bewitched Samanthas, 2 of the two pack Star Trek Sulu/Uhura mirror sets 1 two pack Jeanie set, 1 Oz 2 pack and assorted 14 inchers.
    Now I said one part of this Mego section, because it's in two places. Most of it is in the Marvel and Jurrasic Park aisle, while there are remnants still sadly clinging to the old endcap in the front game aisle. By sadly, I mean...it has a total of 5 figures hanging, with a few hooks empty. This endcap has 1 Action Jackson, 1 Peg Bundy, a Bewitched Samantha, a Happy Days Fonzie, a 14 inch Batgirl, a 14 inch Zod and a couple two packs (Jeannie and Star Trek Mirror Uhura/Sulu). There are several other toys from other aisles just dumped on this endcap too, im not sure why.

Anyhow, back in the aisle in front of majority of the Megos, I asked the young lady if she could check out back if she had any of the Werewolf, Frankenstein or other wave 3 Charmed figures (Phoebe or Prue) for me. She said she would check. She looked in her little computer, but couldn't find the werewolf or the others....although, it told her there were supposedly three Frankenstein figures on the sales floor. They certainly weren't any in the Mego section, though.

Strange. Anyway, I ended up buying three other figures (a Kelly, AJ and an Alice, all for customs)...I wondered, if anyone else has gone to a Target and has been told, "Well, we should have some Frankensteins out on the floor, but I don't know where they could be"?

Oh, and I did a good deed. A lady was Christmas shopping and asked them if they had Batman toys for a boy about 8. I reached down and showed her a blue Batman. She said, "That's perfect, thank you so much!"

LOL!

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Dec 7, '18, 10:43 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by danadoll
    ... I did a good deed. A lady was Christmas shopping and asked them if they had Batman toys for a boy about 8. I reached down and showed her a blue Batman. She said, "That's perfect, thank you so much!"
    Dana, you're my hero.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

Haha...thank you, good sir. I was her hero too, I guess, lol!

Dana

Comment

• Piddley
        • Sep 3, 2013

Hi guys,

Anyhow, back in the aisle in front of majority of the Megos, I asked the young lady if she could check out back if she had any of the Werewolf, Frankenstein or other wave 3 Charmed figures (Phoebe or Prue) for me. She said she would check. She looked in her little computer, but couldn't find the werewolf or the others....although, it told her there were supposedly three Frankenstein figures on the sales floor. They certainly weren't any in the Mego section, though.

Strange. Anyway, I ended up buying three other figures (a Kelly, AJ and an Alice, all for customs)...I wondered, if anyone else has gone to a Target and has been told, "Well, we should have some Frankensteins out on the floor, but I don't know where they could be"?

Dana
        One possibility is that someone might have grabbed them from the shelves right before you but didn't check them out at the cash registers yet. I don't know the low odds of that happening but it is possible.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Sounds like you were at the South Portland store? Yeah, it's not a pretty sight there...I was there Wednesday and needless to say, I didn't find anything good. Well, at least nothing I didn't already have. Still no green shirt Kirk...or Spock.
          sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
            Sounds like you were at the South Portland store? Yeah, it's not a pretty sight there...I was there Wednesday and needless to say, I didn't find anything good. Well, at least nothing I didn't already have. Still no green shirt Kirk...or Spock.
            Yes Bat, it was SOPO. They had scraps, unless you love those ST Mirror two packs or 14 inch figures and I'm not a Trek fan. Do you know if Biddeford has anything more interesting?

Dana

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Yes Bat, it was SOPO. They had scraps, unless you love those ST Mirror two packs or 14 inch figures and I'm not a Trek fan. Do you know if Biddeford has anything more interesting?

Dana

The Biddeford store is worse...Wave 1 and some of Wave 2 only and only the common figures. Most luck I've had has been at the Target in Greenland, NH...found the Gorn, Romulan and Werewolf. But nothing good lately.
              sigpic

Comment

• puckace
                Museum Super Collector
                • Feb 5, 2009

Your missing Frankenstein figures were the 3 Samantha figures. They share the same dcpi number 087-16-3112.

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

They had like 5 or 6 Samanthas, tho.

Comment

• puckace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Feb 5, 2009

Target is also notorious for not having the correct count for items in their system. Could be Samantha or any of the others sharing the same number. Other possibilities are theft or customers hiding the items. The least likely answer would be for them actually having the Frankenstein figures. I hope you find him. He is still hitting in numbers here in California.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎