X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
    Yes, lots of effort by FTC on Man-Bat, but definitely overworked, or over thought, like Captain Boomerang and a few others. Sometimes FTC needs to keep it simpler, but I appreciate their effort, even when it views a wry.
    I kind of like the Man Bat, even though I'll never buy him. He's just so goofy and cartoony looking.

When is Black Canary going to be available?

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Order placed! I got all of the new Batman characters and Santa Claus. I had to get Santa Mrs. Claus can wait for now.

Originally posted by Mary Canary
      I kind of like the Man Bat, even though I'll never buy him. He's just so goofy and cartoony looking.

Since we have seen Black Canary and The Atom, it would be nice to see a new JLA series with them and the newly revealed Hawkman. Hopefully in the 1Q of 2019. We know that all of the new product has not been shipped to FTC yet, because they made it seem like all of the 12" figures would arrive together. So I'd expect a shipment of something ready to ship in January.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by tjacwave50
        Love the Joker, nice to see Hawkman, and what's up with Cheeta? showing a little more than expected?
        That’s how Deborah Domaine Cheetah was in the silver age. See JLA 195-197 if you have DC Access service.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 5, 2015

I notice in the descriptions it mentions "16 points of articulation." Aside from the hands, elbows, feet, knees, what else will move on these figures?
          As for me, Mary Marvel, as pretty as she is, is worth $50.00 or thereabouts. I hope on Batgirl they do the boots and they do not have silkscreen for Supergirl.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Neck, shoulders, elbows, wrist (2 ways), waist, hips, knees, feet. I count 16. Possibly 1 more on gals if they count the waist ball-joint as two.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 9, '18, 6:46 PM. Reason: I can't count
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Snake_Man
              • Aug 22, 2018

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Neck, shoulders, elbows, wrist (2 ways), waist, hips, knees, feet. I count 16. Possibly 1 more on gals if they count the waist ball-joint as two.
              I only got as high as 14, I wasn't sure about the wrists counting as two each (hinge AND swivel), but that was the only thing that made sense. :^)

The female figures' neck joint should really be counted as two points of articulation as well, although the swivel at the top of the neck is pretty much rendered moot by the gratuitous strung range of motion afforded at the base...

Comment

• Snake_Man
                • Aug 22, 2018

Originally posted by darkbros
                That’s how Deborah Domaine Cheetah was in the silver age. See JLA 195-197 if you have DC Access service.
                Very true, but that is not how she appears on the card-backs of the previous figures in her series (in which she sported a very reserved throat-high neckline). The art has been brought up-to-code on her own packaging (card front and back). :^)
                Last edited by Snake_Man; Dec 10, '18, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

I noticed that FTC has most of their presidential figures up, but no sign of Mr. Trump or Obama. Any update on when/if those two might come?

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Magic marker muscles...la la la!
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mary Canary

I'm not trying to be negative. I will pass on this one.
                      Still hoping for an awesome Lynda Carter Wonder Woman from FTC
                      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 23, 2012

I was excited about Man-Bat, but I’m very confused about the body choice. The suit makes sense, because the wings need something to be attached to, but the iconic Man-Bat is grey in color, as well as lean and sinewy in body. I suppose it’s unlikely that a variant version of this figure will be released in the future...hmmm. I may still get him, but I’ll probably wait until he’s offered bagged or pieced out sometime next year. FTC was been generating outstanding fantasy output of late (Dr Fate, Firestorm, Red Tornado, the Super Friends), so expectations are pretty high. I must say, Man-Bat has not met my fantasy expectation!

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I'm waiting for Black Canary.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

nice,i got my FTC figures the other day Superfriends Joker is really great ,looks just like the cartoon ,Cheeta is really nice as well ,they should have left the front of the outfit a little less revealing ,but the
                            cheeta ears look fantastic ,to bad they didnt do this witch Julie newmar Cat women its much nicer ,Manbat is rather cool ,excellent head sculpt ,a little put off on the hulk body but nice.the Creeper from scooby doo
                            looks great with his mask on .and of the 4 presidents i got so far .i think JFK has the best sculpt then daddy Bush .Reagen and clinton sculpts are a bit off ,but just a bit .they look fantastic together .got Bush JR ,Joker
                            in trench ,and 2nd Santa on the way .then ill get robin ,nightwing (if its up again )and an "12 aquaman,Mary,Robin and Harley soon .between Mego & FTC its a good time to be a Mego guy .

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                              Museum Patron
                              • Apr 3, 2015

Finally had the chance to open mine! Very happy, though the skinny 8" bodies on both Jokers make them hard to stand on their own.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

Any more from FTC on their upcoming 3 3/4 inch Comic Action Heroes line?

- Ian
                                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎