X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Manbat.jpg

I am going to wait on get my Manbat when they offer him loose so I can redo him. The head is great, but that muscular body is not right.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]24432[/ATTACH]

I am going to wait on get my Manbat when they offer him loose so I can redo him. The head is great, but that muscular body is not right.
      uggh, just looks worse every pic I see. the fake muscle lines and the long neck
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Perhaps the neck would look better on a standard body, idk.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rlkrefft
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 14, 2010

I bet they’d do Clayface the same way they did Manbat (if they ever make a Clayface)

Comment

• rlkrefft
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 14, 2010

I think the Manbat would had looked way better on a regular body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rlkrefft
              I bet they’d do Clayface the same way they did Manbat (if they ever make a Clayface)
              Clayface II should be on a standard body. I'd suggest a screened suit, but with FTC's outlining style, IDK.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                Museum Patron
                • Apr 3, 2015

Man, I hope whatever's up with Nightwing doesn't delay my order. I love FTC, but this seems to happen every time they release a new group of figures.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I am going to wait until Monday or Tuesday and see what shows up. Then, I may just order what's available and if Nightwing shows up later, order him from CTVToys with some parts I want. Robin is the big pull for me out of the new figures and I really want that figure. I even ordered some green shoes for him from Dr. Mego (they are softer that FTC's and fit better).

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I sort of still like the Man-Bat. Not enough to buy him, but I see what they were trying. If the suit were tighter, with better details and linework on it, it would totally improve it. It's another case where I think I'd have preferred a more vintage approach to the design. What could have been tight fitting and streamlined ends up being bulky and looking more like a dog toy. (not trying to be mean, but that's what I see.)

I also think of the Power Records Neal Adams art, and recall him looking more skinny, and more bat-like sinew in his design.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I think they've put a great deal of work into the figure. I respect that. But as with several of their other figures, it's overworked, some details and fabric choices are off, and the body is simply inappropriate. In my opinion.

I think Mego (and most of us here) would have attempted a Neal Adams/Marshall Rogers aesthetic. This is not the Man-Bat I enjoyed reading about in Batman Family and DC Comics Presents.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Yes, lots of effort by FTC on Man-Bat, but definitely overworked, or over thought, like Captain Boomerang and a few others. Sometimes FTC needs to keep it simpler, but I appreciate their effort, even when it views a wry.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

Nightwing is back up.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                            Nightwing is back up.
                            Thanks! Maybe I will place my order tonight.

I might have to skip the Clauses though. These ain’t cheap and the first Santa is holding down just fine right now.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

holding off on the presidents for now.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                                Museum Patron
                                • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                                Nightwing is back up.
                                Sweet! And my order has been picked up and is en route!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎