Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom trend with the 14" line?

Custom trend with the 14" line?

Sorry if this is already a thread. I am very interested in the Mego customizing folks moving over to the 14" line anything posted yet?
    I imagine mold making for the heads would be easier?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Upside - the scale is easier for sewing. Downside, very little repro stuff available.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    Upside - the scale is easier for sewing. Downside, very little repro stuff available.
    so it makes you a custom trailblazer in the scale
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I have not found the mold making to be easier. It's definitely more expensive tho.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    I'm interested to see if anyone attempts customs of 14 inch guys that are naturally taller than average figures, IE: a Non that's taller than Zod would go nice together and the Zod suit would work. I've been trying to think of a head that looks like Jack O'Halloran that'd work.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    ... I've been trying to think of a head that looks like Jack O'Halloran that'd work.
    That's a noteworthy point you bring up. The following artist's custom Non work is inspirational:

https://www.jasonegitto.com/jack-oha...n-superman-ii/

There are some interesting close-ups of Jack O'Halloran's features via a Google Images search. He certainly has distinctive facial details, especially studying pics of him without the overdyed black Non hair and beard.

Images
    I have plans to make giant figures using 14" bodies so they can be displayed with 8" superheroes, such as Giant Man, Galactus and a Sentinel (from X-Men). I think 3d printing the heads may look better since the feature size is bigger.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    I have plans to make giant figures using 14" bodies so they can be displayed with 8" superheroes, such as Giant Man, Galactus and a Sentinel (from X-Men). I think 3d printing the heads may look better since the feature size is bigger.
    I look forward to seeing that!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    If you can 3D print a head there is one I'd like to talk to you about.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Since Zod is not the movie or comic book version you can make it out of whatever head you can think of.

I like the posted custom Poison Ivy into Giganta, that really worked out great. It is possible to use Superman for a base to make Apache Chief.

There are DC Comics Giant characters;
    *Apache Chief
    *Giganta
    *Colossus Boy
    *Eterno
    *Jimmy Olsen as Turtle Boy
    *Adjudicator (Wonder Woman #291-293)
    *The Theocarcy (JLA#12 Rock of Ages)
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page