X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothaction
    Career Member
    • Jul 15, 2017

Adorn your Gorn?

Not done spending money yet? Why don't you adorn your Gorn!

Long-time customizer Robert Martin has fabbed up a little kit to bring your beastie a little closer to how you remember him from your old radiation cabinet.

Drop him a line, why don't you? https://www.facebook.com/commerce/pr...hare_deep_link
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

That's awesome, but at $16 a bit steep. Cool that someone is making stuff like this though. Thanks for passing it along.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

I'm happier that he went to the trouble to tool and have manufactured the items than I am willing to meet his price, sure, but it still seemed worth sharing for those that aren't as cheap as me when it comes to such things, haha.

Not being a customizer I really don't have much experience with shopping around for similar extras and replacements. How does this fellow's price compare to trying to grab comparable bits from sources like Doc or CTVT?
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

doesn't seem that steep for unique items that have only one application.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by toothaction
          Not being a customizer I really don't have much experience with shopping around for similar extras and replacements. How does this fellow's price compare to trying to grab comparable bits from sources like Doc or CTVT?
          I'd say the price is decent for this sort of thing, but a bit expensive overall, if that makes sense. You're paying more for a couple of upgrade bits than you are for the figure.

I know 3D printing can be expensive, so I'm sure that's part of the cost. You'd be hard pressed to get it printed for cheaper than that anywhere.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

not to mention designing the 3d print, sculpting the stabby thing, and patterning and sewing up the gauntlets.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

That's pretty cool and the price seems fair. I might have to go for it. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

It's nicely-done and not unreasonably-priced. I thing the inexpensiveness of the base figure balances out the cost of the upgrade.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

will there be the inevitable Kirk companion set with translator, bamboo cannon and ripped shirt?

Comment

• MysteryWho
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2008

No ripped shirt in that episode, just dirty I think. I wonder if this guy could whip up a pair of those weird fake boots Shatner wore during action scenes in TOS. They're pretty noticeable at times, particularly in Amok Time. Did anybody else notice them?
                    Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    will there be the inevitable Kirk companion set with translator, bamboo cannon and ripped shirt?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Aww, now I'm going to have to watch that after The Flash tonight and check out Kirk's feet...
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                        No ripped shirt in that episode, just dirty I think. I wonder if this guy could whip up a pair of those weird fake boots Shatner wore during action scenes in TOS. They're pretty noticeable at times, particularly in Amok Time. Did anybody else notice them?
                        Wasn't sure, just figured it was ripped as usual with Kirk. Mego will probably do a ripped shirt variant at some point.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 16, 2008

He did rip his shirt a lot, he's kind of like Doc Savage in that way.
                          Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Wasn't sure, just figured it was ripped as usual with Kirk. Mego will probably do a ripped shirt variant at some point.

Comment

• knight errant00
                            8 Inch Action Figure
                            • Nov 15, 2005

If anybody upgrades their Gorn and wants to recoup a little by selling me the figure's factory original red armbands, drop me a PM.

Comment

• K
                              Fun Will Now Commence
                              • Jun 20, 2001

I like that set a lot and imo price is fair. I may go for it!
                              I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎