X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Paladin
    But painted on socks for Dorothy and that frickin basket and Toto combo is just plain sad looking.
    I really disliked the painted socks but that new Toto basket thing was deal breaker for me.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, the approach to the new Toto and basket really bothers me.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Quality and strange decisions are what worry me most about this relaunch.

Bad likenesses, corner cutting, etc. is bad business, especially for a toy line that, while historically, made sure things were cost effective, still made sure the sculpts were good, and the characters were properly outfitted.

Poor character selection, eliminating key wardrobe, poor licensing choices, and badly made accessories are not wise in the long run.

That said, this is, ostensibly a new company, and growing pains happen. I'm willing, in the short term, to forgive some production mishaps, or poor predictions, so long as those issues don't remain endemic down the road.

That said, the Joker's coat, to me, is a problem. It is an iconic, and in my opinion, necessary part of the character's overall look. Omitting it, in my opinion, is on par with cutting Batman's cape.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
          That has left a dearth of MIB figures even today and it makes the basic figures quite affordable.
          A dearth? Or an abundance ?

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
            What shop in TO has vintage toys?
            Took the words right out of my mouth! Also wondering how much the Munchkins were selling for.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by warlock664
              A dearth? Or an abundance ?
              Yeah, I probably should have phrased that better.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Paladin
                • Oct 26, 2015

[QUOTEAlso wondering how much the Munchkins were selling for.[/QUOTE]

I've seen them going for $75 plus for a loose example in fair condition....a MIB flower girl $150 easily.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎