Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paladin
    • Oct 26, 2015

Are these prices first real???

Hey pals and gals...so while I scour Target for the latest New Mego offerings..
    I decided to plan my quest to obtain vintage Megos.
    I found a bunch of "MIB" Wizard of Oz figures for less than $30 each. Here is a link for an example...https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIB-Vintage...ty!60641!US!-1
    Has anyone bought anything from this seller?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Wizard of Oz was embraced by doll collectors, even in the middle 1970s. That has left a dearth of MIB figures even today and it makes the basic figures quite affordable.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Paladin
      • Oct 26, 2015

Awesome...good to know. I loved these as a kid, and while the new lion looks exceptional...I'm still on the fence because of Dorothy from the two pack. And Lord knows how they'll handle the Tin-Man.....

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I myself am a little worried about the Tin Man and expect a soft-goods approach. Cf. Mattel's Ken as Tin Man.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

The vintage are easy to collect. I have a tin man I'm trying to sell, but if he doesn't, his value might be greater as parts for a custom. I can def. use him for Doctor Doom or something.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

They are affordable, which is terrific because they are lovely dolls. In fact, next to WGSH, Mego's Oz toys were my childhood favorites.

And as B-Lister notes, they've provided an incredible amount of custom fodder over the decades.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 4, '18, 8:46 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I need a mint original Glinda, Witch and the 4 Munchkins.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I decided to pass on the Mego Munchkins--I like the playset but not the dolls. Their price made them easy to forego, too. But I bought all of the Barbie Munchkins : They are beautifully made and coordinate very well with the Mego line.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Basically, the Oz line was really popular and Mego made like a bajillion of them. Except for the Munchkins, the majority of them are super common. They were also collected more by adult doll and Oz collectors, than kids, which is why they are still so plentiful MIB.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Every line has its scare gems, though--Munchkinland and the witch's castle are terrific. The print format for the castle is unique amongst Mego play-sets; I really like it.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Every line has its scare gems, though--Munchkinland and the witch's castle are terrific.
                      To be clear I'm not knocking the line. I have a full set of the dolls minus the Munchkins which I don't care for. I think the Oz dolls are some of Mego's best work. You can really tell they put a lot of money and effort into them.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• callistofreak
                        Who stole my stuff !!!
                        • Jul 1, 2006

I'm noticing the same low prices on the EMCE Star Trek line.
                        I had to sell mine a few years back.
                        Now I have been picking them all back up for $30 and less.
                        sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          I decided to pass on the Mego Munchkins--I like the playset but not the dolls. Their price made them easy to forego, too. But I bought all of the Barbie Munchkins : They are beautifully made and coordinate very well with the Mego line.
                          My local comic/ action figure shop in Toronto has 3 of the 4 boxed Mego Munchkins in stock ... They're so darned cute!

Comment

• Paladin
                            • Oct 26, 2015

Yeah...I'm not sure about the munchkins..I'm not too impressed with them. But I vividly remember having the Lion and Tin-man when I was a kid.
                            Again tho ..I have some real concern over how they'll handle him in the new line. I mean the lion looks amazing in his new suit. But painted on socks for Dorothy and that frickin basket and Toto combo is just plain sad looking. I'd need to be convinced the Witch would be worth it to buy that set.
                            I am hoping that they do the Winkie guards and flying Monkeys as a two pack...now that...I'd buy a bunch of...

C'mon Marty...give us some winged simians to harass our heroes.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by comicmike
                              My local comic/ action figure shop in Toronto has 3 of the 4 boxed Mego Munchkins in stock ... They're so darned cute!
                              What shop in TO has vintage toys?
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎