X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Toy Hunter episodes on YouTube

Obviously they are missing a few, I wish they had the Bionic Bigfoot episode . I enjoyed the show but I can see why it didn't least long and Jordan wasn't the right host to give the show legs. But either way they manage to cover alot.
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

I enjoyed the show, I actually ran into Jordan a couple of times at a local show.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for the heads up!

I kind of liked the show and while serious toy folks might have found it a bit superficial, a few of my friends, who aren't into toy collecting, watched that show and enjoyed it for the memories it brought back of things they had as a kid and hadn't thought of in years.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I always liked this show as it was fairly positive and showed the world fun stuff.

I was slated to be on twice, the show was cancelled while the crew was in Toronto to film the "Great White Shark" episode, so Mark and I got very drunk instead. They wanted me on to decide fair value for the Shark.

The other time, the show recreated a scene between me and Mark with Jordan and this other collector, I was not happy with the guy playing Brian. The scene, while fabicrated, was pretty close to what happened, Mark called me and asked "Got anything for sale that Kirk Hammett doesn't have?" and I did.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by palitoy
          The other time, the show recreated a scene between me and Mark with Jordan and this other collector, I was not happy with the guy playing Brian. The scene, while fabicrated, was pretty close to what happened, Mark called me and asked "Got anything for sale that Kirk Hammett doesn't have?" and I did.
          That's interesting!

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

I'll admit I was kind of butthurt at the time because I contributed a really rare piece and this LA-based collector got the glory but I understand that they needed to film a narrative and Mark also got recast.

They weren't going to fly down to Toronto to film one scene.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

^They should have put up an "HISTORICAL RE-ENACTMENT" tag at the bottom of the page!

I don't blame you for feeling a bit ripped off over the deal.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The show was fluffy fun. Sure, there were mistakes and inconsistencies, and very obvious staging, but it got the hobby out there more, and several folks at work asked me about the episodes.

Recasting you with that "ghoulie" guy was just weird, though, Brian.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Recasting you with that "ghoulie" guy was just weird, though, Brian.

He was the established "monster guy" on the show even though he seemed to mainly collect sideshow stuff, I got that part just you know...ahem.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I think it would have been awesome if you and Kirk Hammett had both actually ended up on the show.

Thanks for the Youtube link, I used to have all the episodes saved on a hard drive that sadly bit the dust, and I've been wanting to watch these again, I thought they were fun.

Comment

• Valor
                      • Aug 25, 2017

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                      Obviously they are missing a few, I wish they had the Bionic Bigfoot episode . I enjoyed the show but I can see why it didn't least long and Jordan wasn't the right host to give the show legs. But either way they manage to cover alot.
                      https://youtu.be/corLHXsRhUQ
                      I uploaded it here. Enjoy.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

By the way, this evening there is a Toy Hunter marathon on Destination America which is a Discovery Channel channel. It’s part of my Optimum cable package. I’m not sure how widely it’s available across the country, but would assume its available in more than a few markets since its under the Discovery Channel umbrella.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

My problem with the show was the after effect. I would go to my usual resale stores and flea markets and everybody was marking up prices that did not make since. The would find a guid and mark there well used out of package figure for near-mint condition. That burned me from going to flea markets for years after.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡