Thread: Captain Marvel - March 2019

Images

Captain Marvel - March 2019

A new trailer dropped today for this. Lots more de-aged Nick Fury in this one.

Brie Larson looks awesome and badarze, although she lacks a commanding voice, as itís rather high-pitched/whiny...total opposite of someone like Gal Gadot, now thatís a voice that gives me goosebumps.

But overall, Brie Larson looks great, love how her hair morphs into that war-mode mohawk...

BTW, I first saw the trailer during Monday Night Football halftime...

Images
    Blog Entries
    I saw this thread title and got all excited...for a completely different character. Hmph.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Anyone else struck by the similarity to all of this? Pilot chosen by an alien race, given immense, cosmic power, and a green uniform?

I don't recall Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel's backstory being this close to Green Lantern, but maybe when you distill it down, it is. But this seems to be leaning heavily into visuals that sure look like they could come straight from a GL movie.

BUT...DC screwed that one up, so Marvel will just do it better, no doubt. Still looking forward to it, either way. They've never been less than entertaining.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Anyone else struck by the similarity to all of this? Pilot chosen by an alien race, given immense, cosmic power, and a green uniform?
    Yes. It started occurring to me (the similarities) when I watched the preview they dropped last night at halftime of the Monday Night game. Kind of hit me over the head, really. Even so, I still think the movie looks like it will be pretty darned enjoyable and Brie Larson is very easy on the eyes.

Ya just know it's a "good thing" when it makes the televised in-elevator news in my high rise...yay!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I saw this thread title and got all excited...for a completely different character. Hmph.
    Same here!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Same here!
    I'm with you gentlemen, as well. I think I was 4 years old when DC brought back Captain Marvel to the comics and the Saturday Morning show hit not too long after that. The library had a copy of "Shazam! From the Forties to the Seventies" by the time I was 8 or 9, so I was really the right age to enjoy all of the Captain Marvel stuff at the time. Pretty important comic character in my formative years and I am sure many here can claim the same thing.