X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Vintage and Blow Mold Christmas

Let's share some pics of our vintage Christmas decorations. Needless to say, I love it, and BLOW MOLDS!

Note my dog photobombed the last pic...and they got the front door all muddy! Thanks for looking. Please share your pics!
    sigpic
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

It would take an entire shed or at least it's own closet to store all that seasonal decorations. I'm lucky my lady let's me keep my megos and other superhero toys. So I don't press my luck on other clutter.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Great stuff man, I haven't even put all the Halloween stuff away yet.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

It would take an entire shed or at least it's own closet to store all that seasonal decorations. I'm lucky my lady let's me keep my megos and other superhero toys. So I don't press my luck on other clutter.
        Well, I don't consider it "clutter", and luckily I do have a large out building to store it in.

Great stuff man, I haven't even put all the Halloween stuff away yet.
        Ha! I know the feeling. When I put the Halloween I away, I pulled the Christmas to the front this year, so I didn't have to move the same things twice. I rarely think ahead like that.

Chris
        Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Dec 3, '18, 4:30 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Awesome collection. Thanks for sharing. Love the Santa with the black mittens. Adorable dog too.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I remember all of those blow mold Santas and the snowmen, as well. My grandmother had the same ceramic tree that you put the “lights” in. Remember it as fondly as the blow molds.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Very nice!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

That is just all kinds of greatness Chris!!!

Comment

• tay666
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 27, 2008

We also have a ceramic tree. Inherited it from my mother when she passed. Was my grandmother's before that.
                  It is already displayed in the dinning room and the wife lights it up every evening.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^I have that same style, smaller ceramic tree. Also my grandmother's, its star and "lights." have been replaced. It's my most cherished decoration and now, aside from a small Grinch, the only decoration I put out.

I never leave it plugged in when I'm not home, I'm anxious about age of its bakelite plug.

Great displays, Chris!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Glorious! My wife loves the ceramic trees, and I'm a big fan of blow molds myself. So this feels right at home.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^Thanks all. Those ceramic trees have really made a come back in the last few years. I have seen them at retail, and we decorated one ourselves last year at a local craft store. The big one with the snow belonged to Cindy's grandma, so it has lots of sentimental value, as does that Santa head and the blow mold underneath it. The Santa belonged to my Papaw, who was Christmas-obsessed, and taught me everything I know about exterior illumination. The Santa was my Mom's although Papaw owned one too. He's much thicker plastic than most of the blow molds we own. His feet are busted, and he's had black electric tape around them for decades. He's full of pennies to weigh him down. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Oh, and when I posted this Santa earlier, I didn't realize I still had a red bulb in him! I swapped bulbs last year because my daughter needed a regular one for the nightlight in the bathroom. So, here he is, cleansed from demonic influence.

Oh, and I forgot this one all together!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

^Gosh, that all must be nice to come home to around Christmas time.

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^It is, honestly. My outside stuff is on a timer, so I get to drive in every night and see it all lit up. Then I come in and switch all the rest on. I love it, and I'll miss it horribly in January.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎