Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage and Blow Mold Christmas

Glorious! My wife loves the ceramic trees, and I'm a big fan of blow molds myself. So this feels right at home.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^Thanks all. Those ceramic trees have really made a come back in the last few years. I have seen them at retail, and we decorated one ourselves last year at a local craft store. The big one with the snow belonged to Cindy's grandma, so it has lots of sentimental value, as does that Santa head and the blow mold underneath it. The Santa belonged to my Papaw, who was Christmas-obsessed, and taught me everything I know about exterior illumination. The Santa was my Mom's although Papaw owned one too. He's much thicker plastic than most of the blow molds we own. His feet are busted, and he's had black electric tape around them for decades. He's full of pennies to weigh him down. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Oh, and when I posted this Santa earlier, I didn't realize I still had a red bulb in him! I swapped bulbs last year because my daughter needed a regular one for the nightlight in the bathroom. So, here he is, cleansed from demonic influence.

Oh, and I forgot this one all together!

Chris

Images
    ^Gosh, that all must be nice to come home to around Christmas time.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    ^It is, honestly. My outside stuff is on a timer, so I get to drive in every night and see it all lit up. Then I come in and switch all the rest on. I love it, and I'll miss it horribly in January.

Chris

They do give off the BEST warm glow, don't they?

As for the ceramic trees, I've seen mini battery operated ones at Target. Mego sized?
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^It is, honestly. My outside stuff is on a timer, so I get to drive in every night and see it all lit up. Then I come in and switch all the rest on. I love it, and I'll miss it horribly in January.

Chris

I can only imagine. I know that I miss the tree and our lights and other decorations once they’re taken down at the first of the year. It’s funny how attached to them I become in such a short period of time.

Yours are so great that it must be like recapturing a sizeable slice of your childhood every evening.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?