Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

You can mix some clear gloss acrylic into the matte paint, this will give a satin effect but also thins the coverage a little. You can also make a thin wash of clear gloss or satin acrylic and apply it over the finished matte paint job.

If you buy artist's acrylics instead of craft ones, some of them are already glossy.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

cool. thanks for the tip!

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

the shine, for me, seems to be greater the less I thin the paint. I normally squeeze a pea-sized amount of paint onto my plate, and drop a couple drops of water next to it...use my brush to start stirring the water in and get a consistency i like.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          At one point, they both did.
          I bet the sculpted star was better than the painted one!

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

when I had stripped this head and applied primer for my project, I did see a partial star still in the sculpt. It was pretty evident along his nose and some of his cheek, but the rest of it was washed out and very very faint.
            It was very hard to find where to paint his right eye...i had to trust my instincts and shadows while moving the head around under my light.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

It's beautiful, I really struggle anymore to paint with such detail.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎