X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myoldtoys
    Veteran Member
    • May 15, 2012

Feeling Evel this morning

I got myself an early Christmas present this year. Two Evel Knievel cycles and a blue figure from eBay. All were in need of major cleaning. The 2 cycles in front are the new ones. The first issue stunt cycle has a broken handlebar. I may try to make a replacement piece at some point. The blue figures suit cleaned up pretty well. It had wax or gum on it. The new additions were a good reason to get out the rest of my collection. With a little oil, both cycles made a couple of jumps last night. My daughter loves watching Evel fly through the air. Just like I did.

Last edited by Myoldtoys; Dec 2, '18, 10:35 AM.
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

They look real good to me! They also look like hours and hours of fun! Enjoy them with her!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Sharing your hobby, that's the best. It's nice to see all o f these, I didn't know of the red and blue suits and the blue one looks great.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
        Veteran Member
        • May 15, 2012

Every time one set of friends come over, they ask me to bring out Evel. The female friend's older brother used to have Evel when they were growing up. She gets a kick out of seeing him too. Last time, we set up a jump we called the ring of fire. It was about 10 shoes and a hula hoop. Evel went so high he clipped the top of the hula hoop. Got a funny video of that one.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

That's a nice collection, have fun.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

Those are really fun looking.

I loved seeing the toys on an Evel Knievel documentary.

Great toys of the time period, the perfect storm of products and a time containing such a variety of cool things.

Really captures one's attention.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Love 'em! Great collection!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Too awesome! I have 2 original Evels and their cycles, and some Evel and Robbie sets from Poof Slinky. They've all gotten plenty of use!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 15, 2012

Thanks for all the responses. I'm curious why there aren't more Evel toys at vintage stores and toy shows. I've seen one nasty cycle and a one boxed scramble van in probably the past 5 years. Do you think it's because most were beat up and then thrown away?

I'd like to pick up a couple energisers. I also haven't seen any info or videos on the internet about repairing stunt cycles. I have my brothers original beater that I'd like to do a body transplant on...once I find a donor.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎