X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KLAATU
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 3, 2009

Originally posted by Avenging Robot
    So we have some hours left on the buy 2 get one free sale. I'd just like to recap:

54 figures
    45 available

The 9 that are not available are:
    Kirk in the green shirt
    Spock
    The Romulan
    The Gorn
    Kiss Gene Simmons
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Bela Lugosi's Dracula
    Screaming Werewolf
    14" Wonder Woman

It seems clear that Star Trek and Monsters are the favourites. The future lines may be tweaked to be more dependent on these lines.
    Right now, there are 7 that are listed as "out of stock". Four Star Trek and three Monsters.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Buy 2 get 1 sale is over now. The current promotion is save x when you spend y ($10 on $50 or $25 on $100), and extends to all toys.

-M
      Last edited by MRP; Dec 9, '18, 1:14 PM. Reason: oopsie thanks to Lonnie for catching the mistake
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Avenging Robot
        • Jun 1, 2012

Call me crazy but I still think the buy 2 get 1 free sale would have been ideal for Planet of the Apes Soldier Apes (Klingons too). Perfect “build your army” type sale. Heck, horses too!

A Romulan playset might be in order for some now as well...
        Last edited by Avenging Robot; Dec 9, '18, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by MRP
          Buy 2 get 1 sale is over now. The current promotion is save x when you spend y ($10 on $25 or $25 on $100), and extends to all toys.

-M
          $10 off of $50...

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            Curious which figures did you get? I am thinking about ordering some extras tonight for FTC conversion
            Sorry; I missed this last night before the sale ended.

The one Target I was able to hit didn’t have a great selection left, so I grabbed the three Kris Monroes they had. One of my favorite Mego 2.0 heads and the clothes are easy to change (I got frustrated and cut off Piper’s jeans).

Online, I grabbed two Blairs and one Kelly Buddy. I might find a use for the Blair head sculpt. I like Kelly, but that dark streak in her hair hurts reuse.

In the end, it didn’t matter who I got if I just want to do some conversions. But getting a Kris Munroe might be more useful in the future than an Alice.

Comment

• generic
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 25, 2009

I picked up Flash, Joker and a wave 1 Batman the first day of the "buy 2, get 1 free" sale. I then exchanged the Batman (I already had one) for Batgirl at another store.

From then on, I couldn't find any any of the ones that I wanted for the rest of the sale. Today (or yesterday if you're one of those people who think the day ends at midnight ), December 13, I saw 3 figures that I wanted at the same time. One of the pegs still had the "buy 2, get 1 free" sticker. When I took the to the checkout counter, the sale didn't show up, so I mentioned it to the cashier. I honestly wasn't sure when the sale ended. They called someone in the toy section and told them to take down the sticker, but gave me the 3rd figure for free anyway.

At this point, I'm only looking for a Blue Batman and I'll have all of the 14" figures; and I'd like to find Kirk, the wave 3 Trek 2-pack, and The Demon for the 8" figures. Overall, I've been lucky to find most of what I wanted in the stores...and a good bit of it, I've picked up at discounted prices.

With that said, I've been to several dozen stores across the southeast (Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, and all over Georgia) while traveling for work and most of what I've seen has been wave 1 TV show characters. I rarely see any monsters, music figures, or anything from waves 2 and 3 other than Charmed, Bewitched, Happy Days, and Charlie's Angels. I've seen just 1 single carded Spock at all of those stores. I've seen a total of 3 Frankensteins and 2 werewolves and I've never seen any 8" figures from wave 3 besides the pair of werewolves, a lot of cowardly lions, and a few Romulans...not even one single sitcom character from wave 3. I didn't even know what most of the wave 3 figures looked like until I went to the Target website tonight. It's certainly been an interesting experience trying to collect these figures, but like I said, I've been lucky and found most of what I wanted in the stores.
              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Ran home for lunch today to find my 14-inch Superman, Blue Batman, and Green Lantern from the buy 2 get 1 free sale. I had zero interest in the 14-inch figures (because of the size) until I saw The Flash, but I am a fan of them, now.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                  Ran home for lunch today to find my 14-inch Superman, Blue Batman, and Green Lantern from the buy 2 get 1 free sale. I had zero interest in the 14-inch figures (because of the size) until I saw The Flash, but I am a fan of them, now.
                  Yeah, I wasn't going to get the 14" figures, but then Flash came out. That, and the "buy two get one free" convinced me to get them.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

I got two Wolves and a Romulan. Wolves are available for trade.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Got my Gorn and Gene Simmons today. It's funny,I bought them first but got my green shirt Kirk,Romulan and Wolfman before them.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

same here,i wasn't into the 14" scale til I got flash now I will probably get as many as I can.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎