Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your favorite toy commercial as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

What was your favorite toy commercial as a kid?

When I was in 4th grade, channel 56 would show a lot of Japanese cartoons and live action shows like Raideen, Kikaida, Ultraman and Giant Robot. This was my all time favorite commercial:

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
    When I was in 4th grade, channel 56 would show a lot of Japanese cartoons and live action shows like Raideen, Kikaida, Ultraman and Giant Robot. [/CENTER]
    That's really cool. None of my local channels showed anything like that.

I have so many favorite toy commercials it's hard to narrow it down. But this one is definitely at the top.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• glimpy
      Loco Chango
      • Feb 5, 2012

Originally posted by J.B.
      When I was in 4th grade, channel 56 would show a lot of Japanese cartoons and live action shows like Raideen, Kikaida, Ultraman and Giant Robot. This was my all time favorite commercial:

Hey I remember that channel 56. They used to show The Three Stooges, cartoons, The Little Rascals etc.. what was that channel? Was it Channel 5 KTLA or something? I remember seeing giant robot on that channel. I used to get it by turning the top dial of my TV and most of the channels were pure static. Anyways do you remember what network that was?
      sigpic

Comment

• glimpy
        Loco Chango
        • Feb 5, 2012

I had too many but the one that drove me the craziest was the kiss commercial!!! I just had to have them and what was funny is that I had always dreamed hopefully someone would make the KISS dolls.
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Nothing gave me quite the charge like the original Kenner Super Powers commercials. All of them were great, but the Hall of Justice had just about everybody in it.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

The old Star Wars ads were a hoot. Especially the ones where the kids had the aliens or droids talking like regular people.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Another of my favs.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

The only ones that really stands out in my memory are the Evel Knievel stunt cycle one, that and the commercial for the Big Wheel.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  That's really cool. None of my local channels showed anything like that.

I have so many favorite toy commercials it's hard to narrow it down. But this one is definitely at the top.

Wow, that’s great! What a blast from the past. I hadn’t a thought of that commercial in decades. Fun!

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Another of my favs.

For me, that’s another classic! Loved those guys.

- Ian

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Nothing gave me quite the charge like the original Kenner Super Powers commercials. All of them were great, but the Hall of Justice had just about everybody in it.

Chris
                      Oh man, yet another classic line. This one was as magical for me as was Star Wars and GI Joe RAH. Of course, I loved the WGSH’s, but I wasn’t around for their beginning.

- Ian

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by glimpy
                        Hey I remember that channel 56. They used to show The Three Stooges, cartoons, The Little Rascals etc.. what was that channel? Was it Channel 5 KTLA or something? I remember seeing giant robot on that channel. I used to get it by turning the top dial of my TV and most of the channels were pure static. Anyways do you remember what network that was?
                        After doing some research, I found out it was Channel 52, not 56. Along with The Little Rascals and the Stooges, they would also show Gigantor, Speed Racer, Felix the Cat, Roller Derby and Kimba the White Lion, plus the ones I mentioned earlier.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I still have my childhood carrying case.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

The girl in the commercial, sort of reminds me of Taylor Swift.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

I used to love a lot of the board game commercials, Operation and Battleship commercials stand out, particularly this Battleship commercial...

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎