X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

12 inch batman suit variations

had about 12 or 15 of these loose and boxed over the years but i got to see a unusual 12 inch bats recently ,emblem seems to be fabric and is much smaller than the heat sealed vinyl ones ive had in the past ,i thought it may have been a repro of some sort stuck over the missing vinyl one ,but i see no evidence of the mark that is usually left on the suit from the fixing process , inside or out , and the dirt on the suit are on the emblem which suggest its been on the suit for a long time if not originally only other things i noticed was his cape seems slightly thicker and heavier than others that ive had previously,might just be the dirt , the batman head has a unusual greenish tint to the flesh tone more noticeable in hand and plastic snaps ,anyone have any experience of this or know anything about it, all information gratefully received

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Do you think the emblem might be from a later 8" figure?

(Love this head sculpt, BTW)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

a couple more pictures ,that hopefully show what i mean about the vinyl emblems v whatever this one is

it appears to be without the marks left by the vulcanising or bonding process that are left if the vinyl emblem is removed inside or out , , like this superman has

in fact the inside shows signs of a dent behind the emblem that suggests heat bonding rather than adhesive ,which suggests it was factory added in the manufacturing process , well to me anyway
      your mileage may vary

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Do you think the emblem might be from a later 8" figure?

(Love this head sculpt, BTW)
        thanks for the reply
        thats what it looks like to me also ,
        were they glued on or heat bonded ,all the 8 inches cloth emblem bats and supes ive had were really firmly attached ,which leads me to think heat bonded in the manufacturing process

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

No, just stickers but they are much more adhesive than the paper ones.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

oh okay thanks

if i remember rightly all the cloth emblem figures i had, had plastic snaps ,i don't remember any 12 inch figure having plastic snaps like this one has

could this be a case of it being produce at the same place and time as the 8 inch cloth emblem figures and using whatever was available at the time ie snaps and stickers
            are all the plastic snaps the same size
            Last edited by libby 1957dog; Dec 1, '18, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎