Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Batmobile other than the Barris car.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Best Batmobile other than the Barris car.

Group silly argument time ... In your opinion...What was the best Batmobile excluding the live action TV show built by Harris and driven by Adam West?

I love the big clunky domed 50s Batmobile. Huge single fin. Cavernous interior. Totally impractical in every way. Still my second fave of all time.
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Not sure if this is the one you meant, the description sounds similar, but this is the 1940s Batmobile, and is my favorite design (even over the Batman '66 design which is my second fave). This is a stock pic but I do have this Hot Wheels Batmobile on display in my office.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

TDKR Batmobile. It was a freakin' armed to the teeth tank. Rubber Bullets. Honest. It was presumably the inspiration for the tumbler in Batman Begins, the best onscreen one.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

images.jpeg
        This one
        I have Johnny Lightning HW scale model of the 1940 batmobile. Agreed its a cool looking car. And it also gmhas the big single fin. I wonder if it also acts as a rudder at high speeds...the 1950 car has a full lab on the rear dash which is just wonderfully ridiculous.
        Last edited by Megotastrophe; Nov 30, '18, 4:31 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My favorite is the "Batmobile of 1950", designed by Dick Sprang, seen above in that Horizon model Megotastrophe posted.

OR, the comic Batmobile of my childhood, often called the Batmobile of 1980, or the Super Powers Batmobile (although that version is slightly modified). It really debuted on Challenge of the Super Friends to my knowledge, which would make it the 1978 Batmobile. Either way, I love it. I believe it was designed by Dick Giordano.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I always liked the 1973 Hannah-Barbara Batmobile

Was basically the Barris car but way more square -- That car was the very definition of a big car being referred to as a "boat"

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I'm partial to the one from Batman:TAS.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

When I saw this...the lack of the Super Powers Batmobile was painfully obvious.batmobiles-012815-01-c6505.jpgo1AJ9qDyyJNSpZWhUgGYc3MngFqoAN27DVaxtWuNPHdYnwQoY.jpg

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

The 1989 Burton Batmobile.

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

These are two favorites I find get overlooked:

41on6YQVhAL.jpg s-l300.jpg

I know the 70s sportscar one isn't popular, but it was the one he had in the comics when I was a kid, and I have a definite affection for it. Breyfogle's car from the 90s was just one of the coolest.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      TDKR Batmobile. It was a freakin' armed to the teeth tank. Rubber Bullets. Honest. It was presumably the inspiration for the tumbler in Batman Begins, the best onscreen one.
                      Agreed.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]24366[/ATTACH]
                        This one
                        I have Johnny Lightning HW scale model of the 1940 batmobile. Agreed its a cool looking car. And it also gmhas the big single fin. I wonder if it also acts as a rudder at high speeds...the 1950 car has a full lab on the rear dash which is just wonderfully ridiculous.

Another vote for this one. I had this model and stupidly sold it instead of finishing it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm with MRP, I like the '40s version second-best.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

A few of my favourites:

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Dec 3, '18, 6:55 PM.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

I always loved the Tim Burton Batmobile and the one from Batman: The Animated Series. Classic noir styling with a modern edge.
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎